PDA

View Full Version : 05' H/C Hummer w/converter shifting calibration questions

Redline Motorsports
November 7th, 2005, 01:21 PM
A few weeks ago we did a mild H/C setup on an 05' Hummer. With the work we installed a 2500 rpm stall converter. The only tuning that I did at the time was idle. This week I plan on trying out the AutoTune on it as it needs a good tune up!

The customer, close friend of mine, has been telling me that at light cruising speeds the transmission acts up and craps up a code for a stuck 2-3 valve. The truck has less then 6000 miles on it and these problems never occured until after the converter went in. The question I have is in regards to the converter. Can a high stall converter effect the shift points and patterns to the point that there are parameters that need immediate tweaking? I am starting to think that at cruising speeds the motor is turning more rpms and high pressures then it was before with the slipping converter causing the shifts to hang..

Anyone got any insight on this?

Also I am still trying to figure out how to get this thing to make a pull on the dyno with the front driveshaft out. Everytime we tried it , it would shut the motor down..

Thanks

Howard

caver
November 7th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Is it going into reduced performance mode and throwing a dtc?If so you need to increase the values in the ETC predicted airflow table.

Cant help you with the tranny issue

Redline Motorsports
November 7th, 2005, 06:11 PM
I don't think it went into reduced power mode as we never got any DTC codes. What would happen was as soon as it started spooling up it would start laying over. On the road it didn't happen.