PDA

View Full Version : Maf b0201

duramaximizer
February 3rd, 2010, 01:59 AM
Can I simply rescale this to make my MAF read higher than 63. Is this all I have to do?

bballer182
February 3rd, 2010, 02:20 AM
to achieve what?

duramaximizer
February 3rd, 2010, 02:59 AM
A higher more accurate maf reading for tuning. And hopefully rescaling it won't mess it up, just keep it from maxing out. I would like to have a true MAF reading. As far as I know, I want the max MAF I can get for a given RPM correct? I thought it may help some in tuning the VVT.

LBZoom
February 3rd, 2010, 09:25 AM
The LBZ and LMM trucks have MAF readings for just about any volume of air you can command. Adjusting the values will affect fueling and boost and might make tuning more complicated. And unlike the earlier Duramaxes, the LBZ and LMM don't have MAF values based off RPM or fuel quantity, so it will adapt accordingly when you increase fuel and boost. The LB7 and LLY I believe had MAF limiters but the LBZ and LMM aren't the same way, you'll probably never hit the limiter. If you want to tune the VVT you can do so independently from the MAF tables.

duramaximizer
February 3rd, 2010, 04:17 PM
I thought I had hit the limit, it must have just been an error on the one log at startup. :doh2: