PDA

View Full Version : DSP5 No timing or Boost

Truckguy
February 4th, 2010, 08:27 AM
After installing the DSP5, there seems to be no change in INjection Timing or Boost numbers between the tunes, but the Usec numbers are consistent. I logged and confirmed proper voltage for each tune.

Any ideas??

GMPX
February 4th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Make a drastic change to one of the tables, eg, the timing 20 degrees lower and see if you notice the difference.

Truckguy
February 4th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the reply. I did make some changes drastically with no resolve. So I went back through the "BASE" tune, which is essentially stock still and found that although I disabled the EGR i did not change the min/max values therefore the EGr was still in play.
So changed that and logged some pulls while making timing mods and I was able to get my desired injection timing sorted out. however I'm still not gettin the desired boost, even with the Boost max elevated.

My question is given the small amount of tables available with the other 4 programs is it wise to use the "base" tune as the "race or hot" tune, then simply tailor the tables as necessary for the desired tune?

There are some tables within the base tune that will help me get the boost I want, but utilizing the #4 Program as my "hot" tune I'm not able to achieve this goal. However this would mean that the base tune would then be on the #5 position, correct?

Any help is appreciated

bballer182
February 4th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Yes, if you use the stock tune as the base tune you will be limiting your self quite a bit in what you can do as far as power goes. However, and Ross will say that same thing that if your switch fails for whatever reason you the DSP OS defaults to the base tune, which if you are towing something will be the hottest tune; not ideal for sure. But what you can do if you want to put in the time is copy over the limiting tables from your race tune in the the stock tune and use it was base if you want. But, 99% of us use the hottest tune as base.

Truckguy
February 4th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Ok that makes complete sense now. However I expected that tunability would be different in the dsp programs. You can get an ok tune through those maps but you can't refine what needs to be done on a turbo&injectors truck. Thanks for the heads-up!!

bballer182
February 5th, 2010, 02:17 AM
yep no prob