PDA

View Full Version : Changed FPR Now injectors are smoking BAD!

stamus25
February 5th, 2010, 04:01 AM
Here is my question,

I put a new FPR in my truck that is for a LBZ, I was told that to get it to run properly i would need to adjust the voltage or something other not sure,Well i did not do anything because (1) i did not know how or (2) what i should change it to.And now my truck is blowing grey smoke out the exhaust either when driving down the road or when i come to a stop at a light or such,it seems it gets worse. The smoke is thick & common sence would tell me that i now have a injector problem & i would like to know if it would be caused by not calibrating the FPR & could it be fixed.I am not a mechanic so alot of this would be on the fly knowledge but with some good help i could get to the problem. Any suggestions out there? It would be greatly appriciated.

LBZoom
February 5th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Well smoke isn't necessarily a bad injector. It's very possible that it's occurring due to a fuel pressure that is too low. You said you hadn't calibrated the FPR correct? I'd start to make the necessary calibrations to increase fuel pressure and see if it doesn't clear up. Imporoper fuel pressure leads to poor atomization and therfore, poor combustion. If it wasn't smoking before the FPR change I'd say you injectors are okay. There is a way to log them and see though if your issue does not go away. I see you're in Gainesville? I went to a few archery tournaments out there by the drag strip I guess... nice area!

stamus25
February 6th, 2010, 01:32 AM
oK,
I adjusted everything the way it should be & there is still a problem. I am now thinking there may be injector & or a turbo problem. The turbo may have lost a gasket because i found oil on the downpipe that i have not found a source to,Also i logged the injectors for about 10 minutes to let the truck warm-up & noticed that the injectors all looked good until the truck gets hot & then # 6 & #7 seems to go almost near the +/-4 So i ice picked the #7 but have not had time to log again & it is still smoking more than any chimney i have seen. (on a side note, Gainesville seems to be alright for the short run but myself personally don't really think there is much to offer, but that's the breaks:)

ramblinman
November 23rd, 2010, 06:06 AM
lbzoom i shot the gainesville shoot lastyear u talkin bout asa shoot arent u it was nasty as hell when we got there wasnt it!!:hihi: