PDA

View Full Version : New V2 now I can't open COS .tun's

acomp917
February 6th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Hello All,

I just upgraded to V2 and copied the PCM calibration from my truck. Till this point(today) I have been able to open and view the COS files. Now I get a popup that states that I can view the file but cannot edit it. That is what I had been able to do(up till this point). Now all I get after selecting "OK" is the EFIL tune display. If I try to open a table, I get the same message again... then back to the tune menu. I never get a table of any kind.

I have tried a few COS files and a few tables in each.

What am I missing?

S

mr.prick
February 6th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Is this a blank COS or was this installed and being used before this?
You can't do anything with a blank COS.tun except view the Custom Parameters.

acomp917
February 6th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Mr Prick,

It is a blank COS .tun. I was able to look at the tables (all zeros) before the up. I was getting used to the parameters of the 2 and 3d tables. I'm still so new to all of this, I found it useful to know what parameters the tables used. Now I just get the headings that are displayed on the left side. I cannot open and view the data(zeros) on the right.

I apologize for sounding like an idiot. I am not having an easy time of it.

S

mr.prick
February 6th, 2010, 02:01 PM
You can view the COS tables but not the others.
The dialog box explains what needs to be done in order to modify the tables.
You can down load a COS that is filled out here
EFILive Tune File Repository - Modified Tunes (http://holdencrazy.com/EFILive/modifiedTunes.php)

acomp917
February 6th, 2010, 02:37 PM
mr. prick,

Thanks for the reply. I took a look at holden crazy. There wasn't a tune using the OS I'm interested in. I'm going at this stuff so fast I can't figure whether it is me or other changes. I'm almost sure that this change is not me.

I'm actually just to the point of being able to change pids and dashboards. I'm not even 100% at that.

I still have to add the WBO2(a mystery at this point, HAVE READ ALL I CAN FIND, cannot find pids). I also need to figure out how to use maps and filters.

I know I'm whining now. I just cannot believe how much trouble using this system is. Somebody involved in the distribution of this system surely knows how to teach the basics better than they have been put forth thus far.

S

mr.prick
February 6th, 2010, 02:40 PM
It's like anything new, you will need to do some research.
I wouldn't worry about a COS at this point.

acomp917
February 6th, 2010, 02:56 PM
:redface:

Probably wise, although I have never one to play it carefully.

My main purpose is to run a COS on my turbo LSx transplant in my 97 f-body.

BTW, I should have said "teach the concepts". I'm having problems with the basic concepts of the software. It is a good thing that I already understand engine tuning. Without that, it would seem to be like searching in total darkness.

Thanks anyway,
S