PDA

View Full Version : Integrator rich/lean explanation

BillF6531
February 7th, 2010, 05:06 AM
I have HPTuners - sorry folks - and I asked this question on their Forum, but received no response. I borrowed a friend's laptop (he uses EFILive) and couldn't find the equivalent cell / table. Could one of you gurus tell me if this exists in EFILive, and explain its function, and the effects of changing it?

Many thanks.

WeathermanShawn
February 7th, 2010, 06:19 AM
Wow, you have some b...s asking that on here..:grin:

Just Kidding. Not that familiar with that 'other' tuning software, but it looks like a variation of EFILive's LTFT boundaries and O2 Switch-points.

You are simply manipulating the LTFT boundaries (RPM/MAP) in Closed-Loop. The O2 switch-point (mv) is determining when to switch from lean-rich-lean, etc.

..WeathermanShawn..

Chevy366
February 7th, 2010, 06:41 AM
I think {B3808} is the same as this table in EFILive . In EFILive in is in the Trim>Parameters section .

BillF6531
February 7th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome :), but B3808 is Max speed for idle LTFT. Perhaps I should have mentioned that the cell circled in red is the cell that I'm trying to get an explanation / definition for. BTW, look at my join date to see how long I've been lurking here and picking your minds, and I really appreciate the wealth of quality info here.

WeathermanShawn
February 7th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Hi Bill:

Of course I was joking. Welcome.

I think it might be the equivalent of B4106 LTFT Update Filter.

Determines the weighting of the adjustment applied to the LTFT when it is updated.
Larger values mean each update carries more "weight" and has a larger effect on the LTFT.
Smaller values mean each update carries less "weight" and has a smaller effect on the LTFT.

Thats my 'guess'.

..WeathermanShawn..

Chevy366
February 7th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome :), but B3808 is Max speed for idle LTFT. Perhaps I should have mentioned that the cell circled in red is the cell that I'm trying to get an explanation / definition for. BTW, look at my join date to see how long I've been lurking here and picking your minds, and I really appreciate the wealth of quality info here.
Sorry was looking at description at bottom of the HPT page, thinking that the red circle was pointing to the parameters in question .
Page you put up says / LTFT Idle Cells Disable Speed : LTFT Idle cells will be used below this vehicle speed .
When you highlight the cell it does not give a description ?
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/faq/BLMINT.html Maybe this?
I do believe it is a common value used by the O2 sensor to track rich and lean values during trimming .

BillF6531
February 7th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the link. That was useful! After reading it a few times and thinking about it, my take is that values greater than 3.91% are required before the STFTs determine that the fuel is rich or lean. If that's the case, reducing that cell value should hold the trims closer to stoich / zero. I welcome more interpretations / explanations, and I'm going to try that whenever Spring arrives up here.