PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Vendor to Tune 2010 Camaro

Gas Sucks
February 14th, 2010, 12:13 PM
I have EFI Live and my buddy wants me to get him a tune for his 2010 Camaro w/ manual trans. Does anyone have any ideas on what vendor would be the best for this.

69camaro5speed
February 14th, 2010, 02:21 PM
where is your location

Gas Sucks
February 15th, 2010, 05:02 AM
where is your location

Located in Fairfield Texas

Patrick G
February 15th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Do you want to put the car on a dyno or are you just looking for the best modified tables for a bolt-on 2010 M6 Camaro?

Gas Sucks
February 15th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Do you want to put the car on a dyno or are you just looking for the best modified tables for a bolt-on 2010 M6 Camaro?

Just looking for a good vendor to tune it, dont want to put it on a dyno. Looking for the best gas tuner. i only know vendors that tune diesels

8100 Power
February 16th, 2010, 09:59 AM
I'm in TN and would be interested in one myself, tune to load that is.

Redline Motorsports
February 16th, 2010, 06:37 PM
If you guys spent the money on the software then why don't you use it? Mail order tunes are nothing but second rate guesses. I'm sure this will start a pissing match but I really don't give a crap. Not meaning you guys but the kings of mail order tuning. I calibrate cars everyday and can tell you no two tunes are the same. Even with the exact same parts.

Why are you opposed to put the car on a chassis dyno? Anyone who does good calibrating will tell you that steady state load control is the optimal procedure when calibratiing the MAF and coefficients.

I get e-mails and calls everyday for mail order tunes and I just don't feel like screwing people over for less then a quality calibration.

Not sure where you are in TX but there are several decent shops that can handle this work.

8100 Power
February 16th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Are you willing to help for us "No nothing about tuning a gasser" people? :grin:

I can tune my Duramax decently good now, but I know nothing about tuning via EFILive with a gas motor.

joecar
February 16th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Follow the links that my sig links to ("What to Tune Steps").

Take some logs and post your log files and tune file here.

You will need a wideband, this will be used to correct various tables.

Gas Sucks
February 17th, 2010, 05:51 AM
If you guys spent the money on the software then why don't you use it? Mail order tunes are nothing but second rate guesses. I'm sure this will start a pissing match but I really don't give a crap. Not meaning you guys but the kings of mail order tuning. I calibrate cars everyday and can tell you no two tunes are the same. Even with the exact same parts.

Why are you opposed to put the car on a chassis dyno? Anyone who does good calibrating will tell you that steady state load control is the optimal procedure when calibratiing the MAF and coefficients.

I get e-mails and calls everyday for mail order tunes and I just don't feel like screwing people over for less then a quality calibration.

Not sure where you are in TX but there are several decent shops that can handle this work.

I dont have a clue how to tune gas engines and dont even know where to start, i would love to do it myself. I was wanting to take one of the classes but just havent had the time. People here in texas work for a living! All work no play!

I am not opposed to someone tuning car on a dyno but i dont know anyone that does it, im sure there are shops in houston or dallas, but how much more actual HP can these guys tune out of a gas motor by putting it on a dyno, im sure it is gonna cost more money, gonna have to take a day off work, and gonna have to spend money to drive 100+ miles to get just a couple more HP out of a gas engine. Doesnt seem worth it to me. Now if there is really a huge night and day difference between the tunes then maybe.

What do most people charge to put a car on the dyno and tune it, i can get a tune from a vendor for $200 or less and a license for $100 and be pretty close to as much extra hp you can squeeze out just from tuning alone. If it costs $500+ to get someone to tune it on a dyno w/ License and my day off + mileage to and from dallas or houston which could be 300+ miles that day, that just doesnt seem worth it to me.

ScarabEpic22
February 17th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Figure a good dyno tune is worth about 25-30whrp on the Camaro, thats about the standard for a motor that size paired with a 4spd auto in similar cars (so the Camaro with 6spd auto/manual should net more).

There is a HUGE difference, you wouldnt believe I have the same truck after I tuned my 02 TrailBlazer (little 4.2L I6 motor). Havent done much on the 08 (6L V8), but it nets a bunch of gains as well.

Id say count on $400-500 on a good dyno tune. I partially agree about mail-order tuning, Im not a huge fan of it, but there just arent enough good tuners spread out in every major city around the country. Id say get a mail order tune and talk with the tuner about sending him some datalogs to make small tweaks to your tune. It will be pretty close after sending logs and tunes back and forth 2-3 times. Still, you should get a wideband so he can see what the A/F ratios are doing.

Check out ADM Performance. Andy did some really good things in the TBSS world and is doing a lot of Camaro stuff now. He is in Lewisville, Google Maps estimates about 2hrs each way. Might be a good weekend trip, give him a call.
ADM Performance (http://admperformance.com/index.php)