PDA

View Full Version : How to register?

VeeAte
February 16th, 2010, 08:56 AM
How do i register this thing? People have said click help->register efilive but i cant find that anywhere? I got my little blue card but cant find the help that i need to click on, the help i click on is in the efilive scan & tune and it keeps telling me ''not implemented yet'' so im lost :confused:

8100 Power
February 16th, 2010, 09:52 AM
How do i register this thing? People have said click help->register efilive but i cant find that anywhere? I got my little blue card but cant find the help that i need to click on, the help i click on is in the efilive scan & tune and it keeps telling me ''not implemented yet'' so im lost :confused:

You need to open the EFILive "Tuning Tool". Then go to Help -> Register EFILive.

joecar
February 16th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Yes, exactly, from the Tune Tool or the Scan Tool, not from Scan&Tune.

Let us know when you got it registered.

VeeAte
February 16th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Im starting to think I should have just bought ppe hot lol...ugh where is the tune tool? I have looked at everything i know to look at and still dont see it

8100 Power
February 16th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Go to Start -> All Programs -> EFILive -> V7.5 -> EFILive Tune Tool.

Or if you have a Icon on your desktop, how your mouse over the EFILive icons and one will say EFILive Tune Tool.

VeeAte
February 16th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Alright thanks i got it type in, clicked ok. so i guess i did that right. Now when i put this on my laptop do i have to register it all over again? Im using the home pc right now trying to get the hang of it

8100 Power
February 16th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Alright thanks i got it type in, clicked ok. so i guess i did that right. Now when i put this on my laptop do i have to register it all over again? Im using the home pc right now trying to get the hang of it

Yes, you'll need to do this on each computer.

VeeAte
February 16th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Alright what do i select when i register it on the lap top, commercial or personal?

8100 Power
February 16th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Alright what do i select when i register it on the lap top, commercial or personal?

Commercial.

VeeAte
February 16th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Thanks man...im makin some headway now haha. now how do i go about getting my stock tune from the truck? Do i need to load anything else?

8100 Power
February 16th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Thanks man...im makin some headway now haha. now how do i go about getting my stock tune from the truck? Do i need to load anything else?

http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?t=19256

Check out that thread, it explains everything, post back here (or there) if you have any questions.

VeeAte
February 16th, 2010, 11:54 AM
wow...thats great thanks alot. I'll post back in a while hopefully ill have better luck then last night haha.

VeeAte
February 16th, 2010, 11:59 AM
When i pull the stock tune will I still be able to drive the truck? Don't wannt start somethin and not be able to finish it today i need my truck tomorrow ha

Tordne
February 16th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Yeah, all that is happening is you are reading the contents of the ECM out and saving it as a file on your laptop/PC. Nothing changes in the ECM on a read operation.

VeeAte
February 16th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Yeah, all that is happening is you are reading the contents of the ECM out and saving it as a file on your laptop/PC. Nothing changes in the ECM on a read operation.

Okay thats great..Thanks alot fellas..tons of help.