PDA

View Full Version : car wouldnt run with RR

minytrker
February 18th, 2010, 05:04 PM
I took my RR out of my race car last night to tune a car today and the new car would even start with the RR. I tried calibration, full flash, everything and the RR wouldnt run the car. It wouldnt even make the fuel pump cut on. I had this happen years ago but dont remember what it was, any idea? I have only ran into this switching between cars. Im putting it back in the race car tomorrow to see what it does.

Tordne
February 18th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Try and disable the VATS. I've seen that happen before and that is the quick fix :)

mr.prick
February 18th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Hard reset.

limited cv8r
February 18th, 2010, 07:59 PM
I have had this problem as well with a holden ute. Ended up having to use a different RR unit. Even then the second RR would regularly drop out of coms.Total pain in the butt.

minytrker
February 19th, 2010, 04:23 AM
Try and disable the VATS. I've seen that happen before and that is the quick fix :)

was already disabled

minytrker
February 19th, 2010, 04:24 AM
Hard reset.

how do you do that?

mr.prick
February 19th, 2010, 04:42 AM
how do you do that?

Performing a Hard Reset on the Roadrunner with EFI Live (http://www.moates.net/documentation.php?documentation_id=34)
The RR link in my sig has other RR related links. :sneaky:

minytrker
February 20th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Performing a Hard Reset on the Roadrunner with EFI Live (http://www.moates.net/documentation.php?documentation_id=34)
The RR link in my sig has other RR related links. :sneaky:

Thanks,

That worked perfect.

mr.prick
February 20th, 2010, 09:33 AM
I've found that flashing the RR off USB power only can make a hard reset necessary.
Having it installed in the vehicle seems to reduce this but I always power mine up to flash it.
I had one w/o the flash chip and had to pull the internal battery to do this.

DrX
June 22nd, 2010, 04:00 PM
Finally got to drive my truck today for the first time in quite a while - maybe 2 miles. Had the RR in emulation mode for a little real time tuning. Pulled back into the driveway, switched off emulation and the truck died. Now the fuel pump and starter relays do not even activate when I turn the key. Gear selector also does not highlight any gear when I move the lever. This vehicle has a government mandated aftermarket immobilizer that could also disable these relays if it was screwed up, but the manner in which this occurred makes me suspect the RR. Reflashing the RR has no effect.

Does this sound like another case for a hard reset?

Tordne
June 22nd, 2010, 05:03 PM
When you say "switched off emulation" which button did you actually click (i.e. the one to the left or the right of the connection status bar)?

DrX
June 23rd, 2010, 12:09 AM
When you say "switched off emulation" which button did you actually click (i.e. the one to the left or the right of the connection status bar)?

I was asking myself the same question. I probably clicked the right button at some point. Everything is responding again after a restart of the laptop/EFILive and the truck is running.

mr.prick
June 23rd, 2010, 07:20 AM
You probably have the flash chip and switched from emulation to flash.
This will kill the engine and the car won't run in flash mode.

Simply turning RTACS on will not do this.