PDA

View Full Version : two problems w/ V2

acomp917
February 19th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Hello,

I have read about the 1 in 10 loosing connection with the PCM. Does anyone know what causes it?

I can't find any information about the function buttons for "selecting pids" not working. Try F1, then any of the F# keys to select the pid's and NOTHING happens. Does anyone else have this problem? Can you tell me what I might be doing incorrectly?

Thanks,
S

joecar
February 19th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Have you had that problem...?

You have to format the [Config] space, and reprogram the F6 Device Settings and F5 Black Box Settings from the S&T software.

acomp917
February 19th, 2010, 05:48 PM
joecar,

Thanks for the reply. I have had two BBL recordings stop for no reason. First I thought I did something. Today I started a session and walked away, letting the trk warm up. I noticed the data kept current, but the frame #### had stopped progressing. ???

I cannot get your directions to work. I did notice the F5 program took longer. I even took the V2 to the trk. All of the F key work except the select one of "my" 4 pid's. I originally assumed that the problem was in development. Now I think I'm doing something wrong. I have deleted and rewritten and formatted and re-programed, nothing has changed.

S

mr.prick
February 19th, 2010, 06:21 PM
When was the last time you reformatted the file system?
Passthru has been dropping since the last few FW's and
seems to be decreasing in occurrence altho I haven't been doing much logging lately.
It always seems to happen during a long logging session or
after multiple start/stop/pauses.

acomp917
February 19th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Mr. Prick,

I think I formatted the Data files first. I have been bashing on this thing with every possible combo. I might be out of sequence, I don't think so. The select specific "my" pid's function keys have never worked. To be more specific, I have 5 pid groups. I have them ordered first 4, F1-2-3-4, then #5 has no F key. Those first 4 F keys do nothing.

Would you or anyone be willing to provide a sanity check and a "spoon feed" of the required steps. I will follow them to a T.

Thank You,
S

joecar
February 19th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Post your Options.txt file.

acomp917
February 20th, 2010, 02:53 AM
here ya go joe. :)

Do you get paid for providing this help? You are like a EFIL cyber employee.

It looks like I killed the first(F1) mpg_kr list. I have a BU.

S

joecar
February 20th, 2010, 01:26 PM
I took only a quick look at it (I'll look in detail later toinite/tomorrow)...

When you include calc pids you must also include their base pids (i.e. all the pids involved in the calculation)...

Start again with the new as-installed Options.txt and recreate your pidlists.

acomp917
February 20th, 2010, 02:51 PM
joecar,
The problem was addressed in the software updates area. Also, I do have all pids associated to calc.pids selected.

To All,
The pid list "hot keys"(F#) are to be used from the top menu. Just power up V2, press and hold "ctrl", press the F# of your choice. You will have selected that list without going through the menus.

S