PDA

View Full Version : What will happen?

ferramento
February 19th, 2010, 04:34 PM
I have an 07 LBZ and after doing a lot of reading found that the TCM in the early 06 LBZs has a different OS than the mid 06-07. I have access to 3 trucks and was able to switch TCMs between my work truck(bone stock) and my 07(modified and tuned). I never programmed my 07 TCM but now I would like to programm the TCM i currently have.

My question is this; will I use up my second Vin licence by doing this because the VIN it brings up is different than my original TCM even though I never "married" my original TCM? :confused:

joecar
February 19th, 2010, 07:54 PM
ferramento, welcome the forum...:cheers:

The license is married to the controller's serial number... not the VIN.

Each TCM you flash will require a separate license.

Cougar281
February 20th, 2010, 01:11 AM
Each VIN license allows you to one one ECM/PCM AND one TCM. Also, you will not be able to change the OS in the TCM with EFILive. You're stuck with the OS in it unless you use a Tech2 to change it.

ferramento
February 20th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Thanks a lot for your help. The reason I traded the TCM was because of what I have read on this forum and others about the differences between the two and the inability to do a full re-flash on the 6 speed TCMs. Now I have the OS that I want and don't need to do a full flash.

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum. It is my first post here but I have spend hours on end reading all the great information that is posted here. I have only been working with my EFI Live since Christmas so I am new but learning a lot.

THEFERMANATOR
February 22nd, 2010, 05:16 PM
Each VIN license allows you to one one ECM/PCM AND one TCM. Also, you will not be able to change the OS in the TCM with EFILive. You're stuck with the OS in it unless you use a Tech2 to change it.

I'm pretty sure it is one PCM OR one ECM/TCM combo.

ScarabEpic22
February 22nd, 2010, 05:56 PM
I think it actually works as each license works for 1 ECM or PCM AND 1 TCM. I know I have 6 available TCM licenses even though Ive tuned 7 trucks (6 PCMs and 1 ECM/TCM). Havent tried licensing just another TCM, dont have a reason to.

joecar
February 23rd, 2010, 03:50 AM
From the tunetool if you go Help->FlashScan V2 VIN Licensing you will see on the RHS how
each "license" line has two fields (one for engine controller, one for trans controller)...

each line (consisting of two fields) equals one license.

jct404
February 26th, 2010, 01:07 AM
One licence allows you to tune the ECM & the TCM

joecar
February 26th, 2010, 04:41 AM
jct, welcome to the forum...:cheers:

jct404
February 26th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Thanks, After two years and seven months I have made my first post :cheers: