PDA

View Full Version : Full OS and calibration flash required for Lean Cruise?

turbo_bu
February 20th, 2010, 01:48 PM
I am working on an '01 K2500 with a 6L and 4L80E (OS 12208322). I have added the lean cruise CAX files and copied the parameters from an '01 Holden tune that I got off of Holden Crazy. Unfortunately, so far, it doesn't seem to work. I have only done a calibration flash after making these changes. Do I need to do an OS and calibration flash instead?

acomp917
February 20th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Yep,

A full flash will enable it. If you want proof it: Flash pcm then read it(it won't be enabled). Full flash pcm and do same. It will now show as enabled.

I got a little nervous and lowered the leanest spikes to the more average value of 1.2???. Still runs @16+AFR

S

turbo_bu
February 22nd, 2010, 05:03 AM
Thanks for the help. BTW, does this mean that I have to do a full flash each time that I want to play with the LC settings? Or is the enable just in another portion of the code, while all the table values are in the calibration part?

5.7ute
February 22nd, 2010, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the help. BTW, does this mean that I have to do a full flash each time that I want to play with the LC settings? Or is the enable just in another portion of the code, while all the table values are in the calibration part?

The enable is in another portion of the code. Once enabled a cal only flash is necessary.

turbo_bu
February 23rd, 2010, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the help guys. Did the full flash, kicks in like a charm :)