PDA

View Full Version : I did a nice logg and trying to understand it.

lilicedout24
February 20th, 2010, 03:16 PM
well im new to this tuning. this is a tune by a pro i just rode with my boy and logged his car just for some comparisons and help full info for my self and maybe others. i noticed he had a 0.8 knock retard is that because of to much timing in that area? these are things i would like to know its pretty long if you guys wanna take a look. how can i fix this problem. its a ls1 car with h/c auto ls6 intake

lilicedout24
February 21st, 2010, 12:11 PM
ok i was told wrong pids can someone help me out. what pids to sollect to logg a ls1 h/c car correct?

WeathermanShawn
February 21st, 2010, 12:11 PM
I would try looking over this site for both stock and modified tunes.

Try loading stock tune in and then re-run your log. I think your PID selection is hurting you.

http://www.holdencrazy.com/EFILive/stockTunes.php

joecar
February 21st, 2010, 12:23 PM
Include these engine pids:
VSS
TP
RPM
DYNCYLAIR or DYNCYLAIR_DMA
DYNAIR
MAF (SAE or GM)
MAP (SAE)
IAT
ECT
EQIVRATIO or AFR
SPARKADV
KR
LONGFT1
LONGFT2

Maybe include these also:
SHRTFT1
SHRTFT2
HO2S11 (not HO2S12 or HO2S22)
HO2S21 (not HO2S12 or HO2S22)
IBPW1
IBPW2
MFTOTAL

Maybe include some transmission pids (if you have A4):
TFT
GEAR
TCCMODE
TFMPRS
TRQENG
SHIFTLAST

Keep the pid channel count to 24 or fewer channels (i.e. 4 packets or less).

Example of 24 channels:
VSS
TP
RPM
DYNCYLAIR
DYNAIR
MAF (SAE or GM)
MAP (SAE)
IAT
ECT
EQIVRATIO or AFR
SPARKADV
KR
LONGFT1
LONGFT2
SHRTFT1
SHRTFT2
HO2S11 (not HO2S12 or HO2S22)
HO2S21 (not HO2S12 or HO2S22)
MFTOTAL

---------------------------------

lilicedout24
February 21st, 2010, 12:24 PM
thankx im in car now testing and tuning

lilicedout24
February 21st, 2010, 12:53 PM
ok look at this log see if im on the rite path thankx guys. this a stock car i been tuning on my first tune im trying to max this one out on motor he wants it fast as it can be his words put me on kill

WeathermanShawn
February 21st, 2010, 01:05 PM
Oh, you guys at sea-level have all the fun.

Do you have a wideband, or did I miss it?

I can't tell exactly what type of tune you are running, but I notice Bank 2 Fuel trims are really positive. If you are using your narrow-bands, that one might not be reporting correctly.

With that KR, it looks like it is occurring during a down-shift? Since I did not really see any at WOT, your spark overall looks pretty good. Maybe that was false knock..thats always a tough one to figure out.

Other than determining your AFR, and Bank 2 Fuel Trims, your log (tune) looks pretty good.

lilicedout24
February 21st, 2010, 01:18 PM
thankx i have a lc1 it just came in mail.i have not used it yet i just gave him the bong that came with it to go get it welded on his car tomorrow...this tuning been just small adjustments i made all around little at a time to monitor things etc... plus i have be collecting other people tunes as a studie guide i look lover what they have changed and go read to see why they make certain changes. lots and lots of reading man i love it. feels good when he comes back and say things like man this bitch turns strong pulls nice.

im haveing lots of fun i have like 3 or 4 cars to learn on

i guess i been doing something rite or close to so far.im just concerened about knock and locating areas where it happens at thats where i make small pull backs in timing i know there is a easyer way
here is tune its a 98 a4 with a 3600 stall built tranny 342 gears all bolt ons

lilicedout24
February 21st, 2010, 01:28 PM
oh this is important im trying to help a guy out he has new built tranny& 410 gears put in his car and now it wont shift a WOT. its a 3800 convertor,ls1 h/c car i tried to adj gears and few other things no luck here is his tune if someone can see what it is maybe its in his tune? he ready to yank out tranny i told him ill try and find help.

acomp917
February 21st, 2010, 02:02 PM
Don't you flamers(and your friends) have anything else to do? If you think we have problems now, wait until politics goes lib. Oh, wait! I guess you guys are on the fast track. God Bless.

S

PS... I know I know I'm not wrong.

lilicedout24
February 21st, 2010, 02:35 PM
Don't you flamers(and your friends) have anything else to do? If you think we have problems now, wait until politics goes lib. Oh, wait! I guess you guys are on the fast track. God Bless.

S

PS... I know I know I'm not wrong.

nah sure don't once we off from work aint nothing but raceing and sex on my mind im sure they can agree what else is there to live for fast cars and nice asses lol

joecar
February 21st, 2010, 09:20 PM
It looks like you may have an exhaust leak in bank 2 (RHS) causing the trims to go large positive.

Also log H02S11 and HO2S21 (i.e. B1S1, B2S1) so we can see what the front O2 sensors are doing.

lilicedout24
February 23rd, 2010, 01:45 PM
thankx for yall help. the stock car i tuned going race tonight ill make a log of his full race and post it. if any body see room for improvement ill all ears...

im trying to get him to get 410 gears any thoughts. stock ls1 ,built 4l60 3600 stall 410 gears how you guys think it would do in a 1'4 mile?