PDA

View Full Version : Demo Version Message

VetPet
November 11th, 2005, 05:52 AM
When I open EFILive tune tool I get the demo message even though I've registered my software. I've checked the serial number & key codes to make sure that everything was entered correctly and see no errors. The funny thing is that if I connect the flashscan cable I don't get the error message. Should I not be able to open the tune tool on my laptop and not get the demo message once I've registered my license? I also have the software loaded on my desktop and I don't get the demo message when I open the tune tool there. Is there a problem with having the software loaded in two places?

Dirk Diggler
November 11th, 2005, 08:14 AM
upgrade your versionto the latest version on the website and that will take care of it

VetPet
November 11th, 2005, 10:21 AM
I have Version 7. Version 7.3 is the latest available but hasn't been released yet. Is this the version you're talking about?

Black02SS
November 11th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Do you have build 317?

Blacky
November 11th, 2005, 11:50 AM
There was a small window of time where the downloadable version 7.3 had a bug that caused the dmeo message to appear whether it was correctly licensed or not. That version was quickly replaced with a corrected version. You may have the older version. Make sure you have build 317. (Check the Help-About window).

If you do have V7.3 build 317 (or later) then double check the license details - pay particular attention to the date it is specified on the blue license card as YYYYMMDD (not as YYYYDDMM).
Make sure the Name and Contact details are blank - not even spaces are allowed.

Regards
Paul

nco663
November 14th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Hi,
I followed the steps and my build # is now 317. The only thing I cannot seem to fix the date. It is "08-Apr-2004". It will not let me use YYYYMMDD format. Any hints. Thanks in Advance

nco663
November 14th, 2005, 02:04 PM
I just reread my last post. I had the wrong year :?
Working great now :D