PDA

View Full Version : Some help with a tune

c55asleep
February 23rd, 2010, 01:49 PM
My old man has a v6 4.3 03 silverado with exhaust and an intake. I have a v2 that I use for my duramax but I don't have any idea how to tune. He justed wanted a little extra power and I was wondering if anyone here can help. Thanks for any help that can be shared with me.:cheers:

WeathermanShawn
February 23rd, 2010, 07:23 PM
Well, you probably just need to take some basic steps in order to learn.

First, what kind of tuning software do you have? Do you have a wideband to measure AFR?

A basic tune will require good O2 sensors, and no exhaust leaks. You will need to log all the basic parameters like spark, fuel, etc. A lot of that information is in the 'stickies'. They will help guide you.

If you can successfully log, then post your results on this forum. People will then be able to help you even more.

Hope that helps. Just give us some more information, and we can help.

Good luck.

c55asleep
February 24th, 2010, 03:03 AM
Well, you probably just need to take some basic steps in order to learn.

First, what kind of tuning software do you have? Do you have a wideband to measure AFR?

A basic tune will require good O2 sensors, and no exhaust leaks. You will need to log all the basic parameters like spark, fuel, etc. A lot of that information is in the 'stickies'. They will help guide you.

If you can successfully log, then post your results on this forum. People will then be able to help you even more.

Hope that helps. Just give us some more information, and we can help.

Good luck.

Thanks, but to be honest I would rather find someone that already made a basic tune for this engine and of course nothing for free.

WeathermanShawn
February 24th, 2010, 03:59 AM
I do not know EFILive's policy on mentioning other sites, but there are a bunch of stock and modified tunes available online.

Do I think it is smart to totally 'plagiarize' a tune..I might do it for a completely stock vehicle, but there is no way I would load up someones modified tune. It is risky, because every car is different.

Let me ask you directly. Do you have tuning software, or are you just looking for a tune (free)? I am not judging you, just curious. It makes a difference in how we answer your questions.

Thanks..

c55asleep
February 24th, 2010, 05:50 AM
I do not know EFILive's policy on mentioning other sites, but there are a bunch of stock and modified tunes available online.

Do I think it is smart to totally 'plagiarize' a tune..I might do it for a completely stock vehicle, but there is no way I would load up someones modified tune. It is risky, because every car is different.

Let me ask you directly. Do you have tuning software, or are you just looking for a tune (free)? I am not judging you, just curious. It makes a difference in how we answer your questions.

Thanks..

I am not someone looking for anything free like I said above. I found several people that will do tuning but they have different hardware not efilive. I'm a regular guy with no knowledge of tuning nor intentions of selling anything. Just looking for a time perhaps like a stock tune with minor teeeks. I do have all the hardware from efilive which I purchased it for my GMC sierra 2500hd with a duramax diesel engine. The tuning for it were emailed to me by someone that is a efilive vendor but he doesn't mess with gas engines. Hope this better expalains my need

WeathermanShawn
February 24th, 2010, 05:56 AM
No, I understand. All the tunes posted on the "Holden" site are free. You just have to have the software.

What I was asking is are you going to do any logging on the vehicle at all. How will you know if the tune you loaded is good.

Again, not judging. I appreciate your honesty. But there are plenty of free tunes on the site I mentioned.

People will help you here. Sometimes having a tune log and describing the problem will help.

Good luck..

GAMEOVER
February 24th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Post up your Stock tune... This section(Vortec V6/V8) you posted in is for the 1998-2000 Black Box PCM. I'm pretty sure you have an LS style PCM.
You should post in the GEN 3 V8 specific & 2001 + Vortec V6-V8

ScarabEpic22
February 24th, 2010, 07:15 AM
You do indeed have an LS1 style PCM for an 03 4.3.

If you are looking for a solid mail-order tune that you can change around, look up Jesse at Wait4Me Performance or Alvin/Brian at PCM4Less. Just 2 options, not sure what they'd charge for a 4.3L tune.

c55asleep
February 24th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Ok guys, thanks for the help.:cheers: I will try and find him and see what I come up with.

c55asleep
February 24th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Post up your Stock tune... This section(Vortec V6/V8) you posted in is for the 1998-2000 Black Box PCM. I'm pretty sure you have an LS style PCM.
You should post in the GEN 3 V8 specific & 2001 + Vortec V6-V8

Darn, your right I didn't notice lol. I guess I'll repost it or it can get moved.