PDA

View Full Version : can someone help me understand this log?

badls1
February 24th, 2010, 12:11 PM
hey guy, im really new to the whole tuning thing but i want to learn how to do it. so far i've been trying to read the stickys but i really dont know where to start at all. i did some logging a couple of days ago but im not to sure that i had the correct pid's. i was a little scared to get on it to much b/c im not sure how my tune is. if anyone on here would point my in the right direction with modifying my current tune, i would greatly appreciate it. and are there any good tuning books that i can get, that are more towards efilive instead of hptuners.
thanks.

here is my tune and log

5.7ute
February 24th, 2010, 12:23 PM
You have selected way too many pids. Keep the channel count under 24.
What pids you log depends on what part of the tune you wish to work on. Let us know where you want to start & we will give you an idea of which pids to log.

badls1
February 24th, 2010, 12:32 PM
where do you suggest i start at?

5.7ute
February 24th, 2010, 12:43 PM
I would start with.
ECT
IAT
RPM
MAP
AFR
TP
MAF
O2 sensor voltage(both banks)
KR
Spark advance cyl 1
Then if something needs to be worked on from that log you can tighten the pids into that area.

badls1
February 24th, 2010, 12:50 PM
okay, thanks. i will do anther log with them pid's and post up

5.7ute
February 24th, 2010, 12:55 PM
If you have enough channels left also log your STFT & LTFT. If only enough for one pick LTFT.

joecar
February 24th, 2010, 02:10 PM
I took the list of pids that 5.7ute said and added a few:

RPM
AFR
DYNCYLAIR
IBPW1
IBPW2
MAF
MAP
TP
SPARKADV
KR
LONGFT1
LONGFT2
SHRTFT1
SHRTFT2
HO2S11
HO2S21
VSS

That should bring you to 23 channels.

joecar
February 24th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Also, in the scantool, go Edit->Properties->Logging->Scan Mode and select Stream-Fast.

You are aware you have some DTC's present...?

More reading: follow the links in my sig.

acomp917
February 25th, 2010, 04:28 AM
Badls1,

Diagnostic trouble codes.

Take a look through the links in my signature. The SSpdDmon stuff is an alternate tuning method. Not well accepted... yet. :)

In personal are a bunch of files, not well organized. There is a ton of easily accessed info in there. I was new to this system ~1month ago.

S

badls1
February 25th, 2010, 04:31 AM
thanks, i just looked it up and gound them. i will scan my car and then check your codes are see what i can find. thank you. btw you learned how to tune in a month?

joecar
February 25th, 2010, 04:41 AM
In the scantool, click on the red engine button...

Click on Legend for an explanation of what the symbols mean
(C = current, P = pending [becomes current if detected twice consecutively])

You have several codes that may affect the running of your engine (MAF, B2S1 O2 heater),
you will need to address these first before tuning any further.

acomp917
February 25th, 2010, 04:41 AM
Badls1,

Your DTC's are already in your .efi logs. Just open file in scan/ F7/ shiftF8. The list will show.

They are under the OBD II tab (F7). Read instruction (shiftF8). Thought the cliff notes above might loose you.

S

badls1
February 25th, 2010, 04:52 AM
okay i found them. not really sure why i would have so many but i guess ill read up and see what causes them. when i log again, i should clear all the codes first right?