PDA

View Full Version : Need to load Efi but no disk Trey?

Tarkstoys
February 28th, 2010, 04:54 AM
Just bought a new toshiba NB305 for Efi but it has no were to load a disk. Saved efi program to a flash drive but can't seem to find the setup to launch? Thx for any help and with my vin will this transfer to?

GAMEOVER
February 28th, 2010, 04:57 AM
You can download software from website and install without disc....:D

Tarkstoys
February 28th, 2010, 05:00 AM
Will I be able to transfer my lic over also?

GAMEOVER
February 28th, 2010, 05:11 AM
What do you mean? Tuning license? Or?
All Tuning license info is stored in FlashScan...Not on computer...

Tarkstoys
February 28th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Yes

GAMEOVER
February 28th, 2010, 05:17 AM
Download software, install and then register FlashScan in Tunetool-under Help=>Register & you should be good to go...:D

Tarkstoys
February 28th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Thx GAMEOVER!

Tarkstoys
February 28th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Installed Efi to new computer and it says the USB drivers have not be installed? I hooked the V2 up and display is not there? It works on my other laptop just not the new one?

Tordne
February 28th, 2010, 12:44 PM
To load drivers:
- Connect FlashScan to your laptop.
- Right-click on the ‘My Computer’ icon and select the ‘Manage’ option’.
- In the left hand tree select ‘Device Manager’.
- If the drivers are loaded you should see a device with ‘FlashScan’ in the name under the ‘Universal Serial Bus controllers’ section. If not it will be listed as an ‘Unknown Device’.
- If it is shown as ‘Unknown Device’ right-click on the ‘Unknown Device’ and select the ‘Update Driver Software’ option. The drivers are located in the ‘C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-2K-XP-Vista’ folder, so choose
the ‘Browse my computer’ or advanced options and select this location to search. Don't go another level into the 'i368' or 'amd64' folders.

Tarkstoys
February 28th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Other devices- Efi FLashscan V2 then update drivers. they are not there. Universal serial bus controllers- nothing with flashscan there

Tarkstoys
February 28th, 2010, 01:09 PM
I would load the disk but this new computer doesn't have it. I do have a flash drive and have save Efi from that. Can someone tell me what to pull off of that and where to install?

ScarabEpic22
February 28th, 2010, 01:29 PM
I would load the disk but this new computer doesn't have it. I do have a flash drive and have save Efi from that. Can someone tell me what to pull off of that and where to install?

You actually dont want to load the disk, its bound to be old software...

If you have downloaded the latest versions (7.5.6 build 106 and 8.1.2 build 86) then all you need to do is install the drivers using the Device Manager (since Windows didnt do it for you automatically). You dont need anything but tune files from your other PC, except maybe your license.txt file if you do not want to reenter your license information into you new computer.

There should be an "Unknown Device" under your Universal Serial Bus controllers, right click and select Update Driver. If not then try another USB port, preferably on a different hub (so other side of the laptop, or the front vs rear on a desktop).

mr.prick
February 28th, 2010, 01:29 PM
The drivers are placed in C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers after the software is installed
or download them from the link in my sig.

Tarkstoys
February 28th, 2010, 01:37 PM
I have completely taken it out so now I'm loading it up again and as soon as it finishes I will let y'all know! Thx in advance for the help!!!

Tarkstoys
February 28th, 2010, 02:46 PM
:cheers: Thanks very much guys for the HELP!!!! I deleted everything reloaded the nwest version and all the drivers loaded. Now to just fix the demo thingy. But thank!!!

Tordne
February 28th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Demo Message goes away when you enter the data from the blue registration card into the fields presented when you choose the 'Help->Register EFILive' menu option in the Scan or Tune tools.

Tarkstoys
February 28th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Well Done and another satisfied member!!!