PDA

View Full Version : E67 Tacho wire?

4wheelin
March 2nd, 2010, 04:55 PM
Anyone know what wire the tacho outputs on an E67 and does it need a pull up?

cheers

doubledip
March 3rd, 2010, 12:16 AM
C1 pin 25 White

4wheelin
March 3rd, 2010, 05:15 PM
Now working, needed an 900 ohm pull up as signal pulls to ground. This is an E67 GM motorsport package, I have been warned about the OS being different and not upgradeable. I can't get EQ_VE to run on it either. I'm also having issues with high timing on decel, I have reduced the High and Low Oct maps, the idle maps, the overrun maps and I am still getting a hanging idle with 40 degrees timing above 3000 rpm. Makes for the gear changes to be ordinary as this is a manual.

doubledip
March 3rd, 2010, 05:26 PM
Sorry to hear that...

its as the old saying goes.. get what you payed for...

they may be cheaper than the local suppliers but they dont always work out right

have heard lots of bad things about these GM performance packages - Specially for us Aussies as alot of it is designed for left hand drive.. then there are the E67 and OS problems...

is it not best to start with a fresh TIS base of an E67 and then go from there instead of mucking round with that OS?

4wheelin
March 3rd, 2010, 06:29 PM
Couldn't get the timing down but fixed the hang with reduced idle final air flow.
I have got this stock thing going well but it would be a lot of effort if it had a cam.

doubledip
March 3rd, 2010, 06:31 PM
Now working, needed an 900 ohm pull up as signal pulls to ground.

quite common with all the aftermarket guages... usually stick in a 3k resistor and all good

excellent work though