PDA

View Full Version : E38 trace not working in VVE tables

markemac
March 4th, 2010, 02:56 AM
I have logging question when running scanning and looking at logs the trace that shows up in the tuning software, on the Na and 2 bar vve, stays all the way on the left (high vacuum area) on the three bar table it moves around as normal, on the NA and 2 bar vve I cannot change from kpa to psi in display units? I must be missing something?

joecar
March 4th, 2010, 03:50 AM
Post some screenshots of the scantool (Data tab and map) and tunetool (tables)...

Specifically, which pids and which tables...?

In the scantool, on the PIDs tab, rightclick on the pid and select Metric.

In the tunetool, go Edit->Configure Display Units and check that those tables have Metric units on the data/row/col (whichever one is appropriate), you may have to restart the tunetool if you change any of these.

DVR IMP
April 19th, 2011, 06:55 AM
What was the cause or cure for this issue? I'm having the same thing happening

joecar
April 19th, 2011, 12:12 PM
What was the cause or cure for this issue? I'm having the same thing happening

Do this (specifically to the MAP pid, and to any tables using MAP as an axis):

In the scantool, on the PIDs tab, rightclick on the pid and select Metric.

In the tunetool, go Edit->Configure Display Units and check that those tables have Metric units on the data/row/col (whichever one is appropriate), you may have to restart the tunetool if you change any of these.

DVR IMP
April 19th, 2011, 01:12 PM
I just made everything metric in the tunetool. But that didn't change anything. I will do the scantool changes tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks

joecar
April 19th, 2011, 02:33 PM
What happens is this:

tunetool table B0101 has MAP axis in kPa, and scantool has MAP pid in psi...

i.e. 15 psi in the scantool "indexes" the 15 kPa column in B0101 since the units are different.

DVR IMP
April 20th, 2011, 01:22 AM
Gotcha. I made the change in scantool and it worked! Thanks joecar. I was unaware you could right-click on the pids.