PDA

View Full Version : System Error- code 1400

Tarkstoys
March 7th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Invalid window error. Efi tune - Digital tools for onboard vehical electronics??? Why would this come up when I close out of a tune???

Tarkstoys
March 7th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Got it solved

joecar
March 7th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Glad you solved it...:cheers:...dow did you solve it...?

Tarkstoys
March 8th, 2010, 01:53 AM
Well this morning it started again???? What is it?

Tarkstoys
March 8th, 2010, 02:12 AM
I do know it's only happening with my new laptop??? My other laptop does not have this issue?

joecar
March 8th, 2010, 05:19 AM
Can you post a screenshot...

[ do ctrl-PrtScrn and paste it into Paint or IrfanView, press Go Advanced and attach it using Manage Attachments. ]

Tarkstoys
March 8th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Can you post a screenshot...

[ do ctrl-PrtScrn and paste it into Paint or IrfanView, press Go Advanced and attach it using Manage Attachments. ]

Once it happens again I will send it. But I had already deleted everything and redownloaded efi, but a different version.

Tarkstoys
March 8th, 2010, 04:22 PM
It's done it again, but only after I put in the registeration code. In the demo it does not do it. I will try to post it up.

joecar
March 8th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Which version (do Help->About and look at the Build #).

Tarkstoys
March 8th, 2010, 04:28 PM

joecar
March 8th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Try builds 107 and 87 from here: showthread.php?t=13140 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=13140)

build 87 includes new V2 bootblock/firmware (2.6.3/2.6.2).

joecar
March 8th, 2010, 04:35 PM
I also pm'd Tech Support since upon thinking about it that error message seems really strange.

Tarkstoys
March 8th, 2010, 04:38 PM
I am DL now, but I believe I had this build first and this was when it started. Since have been going back to previous builds.

Blacky
March 8th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Invalid window error. Efi tune - Digital tools for onboard vehical electronics??? Why would this come up when I close out of a tune???

Select "Yes" to the "Delete the registry settings" when you re-install the EFILive software. If some of the settings are messed up then clearing them may solve the problem.

Regards
Paul

Tarkstoys
March 8th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Will do, thx

Tarkstoys
March 8th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Seems to be working so far... Will let you know tommorrow when I change the tunning in my truck. Thank you for your help so far.

Tarkstoys
March 8th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Started again? Is it my tunes? Do they need to be updated also? Confused???

Blacky
March 8th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Started again? Is it my tunes? Do they need to be updated also? Confused???

It is unlikely to be your tunes.

It is likely to be some setting in Windows that is conflicting with some setting in EFILive. Unfortunately there's no easy way to know what those conflicting settings might be.

What sort of differences are there between the PC that EFILive gives the error on and the PC that EFILive does not give the error on?
Such things as what Windows version is on each, which service packs are installed, how much memory is installed, what virus checkers are in use, etc.

Also, try rebooting the PC and only running EFILive. Does the problem still occur?

Regards
Paul

Tarkstoys
March 9th, 2010, 04:51 AM
As of now no virus protection since I only use this pc for Efi and the forums. Windows 7 is what installed. When transferring my tune files over from vista to 7 would there be a problem? When I go to my tune files and open a file and then close I get an error. When I open Efi first then folders and open my tune no error? Memory is 203 GB free of 222GB. If needing any other info please ask or if I find a solution I will post back up.

Tordne
March 9th, 2010, 09:51 AM
The EFILive files are consistent formats independent of the Windows Operating System used. So transferring from Windows Vista across to Windows 7 should not effect anything at all, and certainly not introduce application stability issues.

Can you also please confirm that you have updated to the latest RC builds (7.5.6 Build 107 and 8.1.2 Build 87)?

Also please confirm that:
- Your user account is an Administrator on your machine
- The User Account Control (UAC) is disabled
- That when installing the 7.5.6 software you are selecting the 'Yes' option to reset the Registry.

With regards to the Registry you can go and delete the keys manually (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive' yourself using 'regedit'.

Are you able to post a screenshot of any error presented?

Cheers,

Tarkstoys
March 9th, 2010, 04:58 PM
The EFILive files are consistent formats independent of the Windows Operating System used. So transferring from Windows Vista across to Windows 7 should not effect anything at all, and certainly not introduce application stability issues.

Can you also please confirm that you have updated to the latest RC builds (7.5.6 Build 107 and 8.1.2 Build 87)? Yes

Also please confirm that:
- Your user account is an Administrator on your machineYes
- The User Account Control (UAC) is disabled ??
- That when installing the 7.5.6 software you are selecting the 'Yes' option to reset the Registry.Yes

With regards to the Registry you can go and delete the keys manually (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive' yourself using 'regedit'.

Are you able to post a screenshot of any error presented?

Cheers,

I do know when I go to the folder with my saved tune and open efi tuning that way and then close after viewing then I get the message. But if I open efi first then the folder with in efi, I do not get the error 1400. :confused:

Tarkstoys
March 9th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Trying right now to get an error message.

nm2769
April 17th, 2010, 07:43 AM
I have been having the same problem when you close the Tune Tool. The Code 1400 window pops four time every time the program is closed. Attached is a screen shot. I have updated to the latest version and clicked the Yes option for the registry option during the install.No problems with the scan tool. I am running windows 7.

Thankx
Nick

Tordne
April 17th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Just to be absolute; when you say you have the latest version does that mean you have 7.5.6 Build 112 installed?

nm2769
April 17th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Just to be absolute; when you say you have the latest version does that mean you have 7.5.6 Build 112 installed?

Yes I just checked again and I have 7.5.6 build 112 installed.

Tordne
April 17th, 2010, 07:54 PM
I've only seen that error once and it was resolved in around Build 100.

I know it says you've selected yes to deleting the registry during the install. Would you be able to uninstall the software and delete the registry key manually as a test?

Take a backup of the 'C:\Program Files\EFILive' and 'My Documents\EFILive' folders before uninstalling.

Could you also delete the 'C:\Program Files\EFILive' and 'My Documents\EFILive' folders before doing the install just to make sure it is a completely clean installation going on the machine?

The registry key to delete are 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive'.