PDA

View Full Version : need help VX commodore data log

limited cv8r
March 9th, 2010, 03:02 AM
Data logged a VX V6 commodore the other day, came across some info in the logs that I would like some help with.
In the Status Flag page I have a "Malfunction"(pic attached), can some body help identify this.
In the ALDL page I have info logged on 2 x B38 & B39, anyone have any idea what is being logged.(pic attached)
Log is attached in zip file.
Also MAP is pegged at 103kpa(not even sure if MAP is fitted to V6) & MAF goes as high as 1117 g/s.

Blacky
March 9th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Malfunction flag is set to 1 whenever a MALF code exists.
You need to display your MALF codes and scroll down to see the code, it is "No BCM Response" code=92. Set on frame 1437.

B38 and B39 used to be the EPROM ID but is not used now. It is most likely just returning some random value from RAM.

I don't know why the MAF scaling is wrong, I don't know what the correct scaling is. The only reference I can find to any scaling for any ALDL MAF values is divide the value you are seeing by 16 - but that reference was for a VS V8 commodore.

I don't know why the MAP is pegged.

Regards
Paul

limited cv8r
March 9th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. From what I now understand, the ecotec's don't run a MAP sensor so that value may be of no significants to me anyways.:cheers: