PDA

View Full Version : EFILive V1 and Windows 7

ruralgas
March 9th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Hello:
I've tried looking to find a solution to my problem but haven't been successfull.
I have a new laptop with Windows 7 and when I try to view my Dashboard with the truck running and EFI connected, I get no readings on my screen.
Has anyone got an idea as to what might be my problem?
I had EFI on my previous laptop (Windows XP) and I could get readings (rpm, ect temp, boost, etc) before.
I now have EFI V7.5.5 (Bundle 88).
Thanks in advance for anyone's help.
Garry

Tordne
March 9th, 2010, 12:30 PM
With FlashScan V1 connected to your laptop, if you select the 'Help->FlashScan v1 PCM Licensing' menu option in the Tune Tool do you get data returned (i.e. serial number etc)?

If not the drivers for FlashScan need to be loaded:
- Connect FlashScan to your laptop.
- Right-click on the ‘My Computer’ icon and select the ‘Manage’ option’.
- In the left hand tree select ‘Device Manager’.
- If the drivers are loaded you should see a device with ‘FlashScan’ in the name under the ‘Universal Serial Bus controllers’ section. If not it will be listed as an ‘Unknown Device’.
- If it is shown as ‘Unknown Device’ right-click on the ‘Unknown Device’ and select the ‘Update Driver Software’ option. The drivers are located in the ‘C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-2K-XP-Vista’ folder, so choose the ‘Browse my computer’ or advanced options and select this location to search.

If it does return valid data that is a bit weird as we have many customers using Windows 7 (myself included) with no issues.

In either case we would recommend downloading the latest pre-release from here: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=13140

Cheers,

ruralgas
March 9th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Hello:
Thank you for the reply.
Yes in the Tune Tool, I've got a serial number, etc.
A couple weeks earlier (with my Windows 7 laptop) I was able to connect to my truck and get the trucks valid PIDs.
My truck is a LLY.
I still can connect to my truck, but I don't get any gauge readouts.
When I connect my EFI box to my laptop, it goes through the light scrolling.
When I have it connected to my truck, the OBD light keeps flashing.
I am stumped as to what the problem is.
Could I have a setting in the Scan Tool program set wrong?
Thanks and I'll keep trying at my end.
Garry

Tordne
March 9th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Change to the F6 (Console) tab and do the connection. It is possible that you are just connecting to the FlashScan V1 device and not actually to the vehicle.

ruralgas
March 10th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Hello Andrew:
I still can not get my Dashboard to show any readings when connected to my truck???
I've done the EFI update again and still nothing.
I clicked on console F6 and it said "ready" after going through some checks.
I click on the "connect" button and it says "connected".
The one thing I noticed is that when I click on the yellow "log" button at the bottom, I got a pop-up that said something about being connected to an OBD 11??
What I am I doing wrong?
Please Help!!
Thanks in advance and I'll wait your reply.
Garry

Tordne
March 10th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Just sent you an email.

ruralgas
March 10th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Hi Andrew:
I just sent you a return email.
Got my Dashboard gauges to read.
Thanks for all your help and take care.
Garry

01Z
March 20th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Hi Andrew:
I just sent you a return email.
Got my Dashboard gauges to read.
Thanks for all your help and take care.
Garry
What was the solution?

Tordne
March 21st, 2010, 09:36 AM
If I recall correctly he was clicking the 'Connect' button before the vehicle was running. In this case the connection was actually being made to the FlashScan V1, and not actually to the vehicle.

Before clicking the 'Connect' button start the engine basically.

joecar
March 21st, 2010, 11:40 AM
Or turn the ignition key to on.