PDA

View Full Version : ls3 bootloader rejected

rubbersidedown
March 15th, 2010, 04:21 AM
ls3 w/ callaway supercharger, will not let me read cal. says engine speed not 0, rpm not zero or flash memory problem. any ideas> I put the car in gear and turn the key off then try to read it...
thanks

Tordne
March 15th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Key needs to be in the on or accessory position (engine NOT running). Not sure actually if gearbox is significant, I dont think so.

GMPX
March 15th, 2010, 10:06 AM
As a quick check, see if the VIN is ok, sounds like ECM corruption.
Do you know the history of this car?

gmh308
March 15th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Have seen that message come up sometimes with a locked ECM.

GMPX
March 15th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Oh, it's not right then, you should get the specific message saying the ECM is locked, the response code back from the ECM is different to the other that causes the warning about memory corruption etc.

gmh308
March 16th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Oh, it's not right then, you should get the specific message saying the ECM is locked, the response code back from the ECM is different to the other that causes the warning about memory corruption etc.

Will keep an eye out for what sequence got it next time.

Also have seen the message with a Dashdaq sitting across the CAN too. No doubt jibber/jabbering away monitoring PID's. :shock: Unplugged and it was fine. :)

Chalky
April 13th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Seeing same error codes when trying to download cal from 06 LS2.

engine speed not 0, rpm not zero or flash memory problem. I assumed locked ecm. Tuner swears not. Any idea what could be causing these error codes from E40?