PDA

View Full Version : cant validate rafig pids

rpmauto
March 17th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Hello all,
I have been having trouble tuning the idle in a friends vette with a 402. For some reason i just cant get the long term and short term idle correction pids to validate to do the rafig process. I have read till my eyes bleed. I have tried validating pids while connected to the vehicle. I can log the idle airflow correction, but that wont do any good without the short and long terms to factor into it. The car runs good other than idle, and sometimes wants to die on a rev. This is the first dbw car i have messed with. Really the only car i have done this much to. We started from scratch on a stock tune. The mail order tune he had was garbage. Can anybody shed some light on how to get this pids to validate?? I will try it on my car as soon as i can (98 t/a with a 402) just to see if they are valid on that system.

Thank you for any help, go easy i am a mechanic, not so much a computer guy.

Tordne
March 17th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Doing the 'Validate Modules' and 'Validate PIDs' should be all that is needed. The other thing that would be "interesting" is if you go to the 'File->Enter VIN' menu option and enter/select the OS # of your friends vehicle (when not connected to the vehicle). Then see if the PIDs show as valid.

Also check that the software is the latest release (at time of this post 7.5.6 Build 107). You can download if from here: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=13140

Cheers,

rpmauto
March 18th, 2010, 01:40 AM
I will try that and let you know how it goes. I have not updated the software since i got it last spring (09).

rpmauto
March 18th, 2010, 02:12 AM
just remembered that when he got car he sent out for the "mail ordre tune" That ended up being a complete operating systme reflash. Since we did a full reflash back to stock every once in a while I get a vin mismatch prompt on tune tool startup. Could this be the demon i am fighting??

mr.prick
March 18th, 2010, 02:16 AM
Are the PIDs invalid while you are recording data?
Sometimes a PID will not be invalid until recording begins.
Select your PIDs even if they are invalid and start recording.

rpmauto
March 18th, 2010, 02:33 AM
yes the pids are invalid while recording, i get the message that there are one or more invalid pids when i want to start recording. I record anyway, but no data is derived from those pids.

jfpilla
March 18th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Have you selected the 6 related pids and "system" ALL?

joecar
March 18th, 2010, 09:37 AM
On the PIDs tab, on the invalid pid, go rightclick->More Info... this will indicate the reason for the pid being invalid... (and it will indicate which pids must additionally be selected)...

you may have to select some other pids as jfpilla said above.

rpmauto
March 18th, 2010, 09:46 AM
I did right click on them, and if i remember it said that the long and short term idle correction pids needed to be selected, but were invalid. I dont have my laptop with efi on it with me know i will check later. What are the 6 related pids. I just used the pid selection for RAFIG from the preconfigured pid selections, and then added a few others I wanted to log.

jfpilla
March 18th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Caption:

RAFPN
RAFIG
IAC_STPN_DMA
IAC_STD_DMA
IAC_LTPN_DMA
IAC_LTD_DMA

rpmauto
March 19th, 2010, 12:46 AM
All of those are selected, but not available. I looked back on a old log for my car and they are all available. WTF??

joecar
March 19th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Go Help->About... what build # does it say...?

And you did do Info->Validate pids while connected to vehicle (green connect button)...?

Your car is a 1998 TA...?

rpmauto
March 19th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Joecar,
Yes my car is a 98 t/a and the pids are valid on that (at least looking in a old log they were not checked, but didnt have the x through them. I will find out the build # and get back

rpmauto
March 26th, 2010, 11:35 PM
ok, i finally saw that in the calibration the vin sequence #s are all zero. How do i go about adding the correct vin to make this work??

joecar
March 27th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Try writing the correct vin using the scantool...

in scantool go BiDirectional->Change VIN.

rpmauto
March 27th, 2010, 12:50 PM
I had the car here this afternoon, and when i went to vin in the scantool it showed the correct vin. The tune doesnt. Is there a way to change it. The only thing i have found that does not work are the pids for the rafig. (so far) Or is it just a etc thing that for some reason i havent found any info on yet.

joecar
March 27th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Did you try BiDirectional->Change VIN and re-enter the VIN...?

joecar
March 27th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Tordne/Andrew,

Are the rafig sub-pids supported for 1998 LS1...?

rpmauto
March 27th, 2010, 02:14 PM
The rafig pids work just fine on my 98, but it is the 99 c5 vette i am having trouble with. The bidirectional is that in the dvt tab, i guess i have never seen anything with vin in there. I will give it a shot in the morning. Thank you.

joecar
March 27th, 2010, 07:05 PM
In the scantool, on the menu bar across the top... Bidirectional...

joecar
March 28th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Ok, I found out that the rafig sub-pids are supported for 1997-1998 LS1.

From the scantool did you try BiDirectional->Change VIN and re-enter the VIN...?

rpmauto
March 28th, 2010, 02:21 PM
I will have the car back here next weekend, I will try it then. Thank you for the info.

rpmauto
April 2nd, 2010, 05:58 AM
Just tried to validate rafig on a 05 GTO same thing. Are there different pids to log for the drive by wire setup??