PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please help me with this...

duramax07tmd
March 21st, 2010, 08:29 AM
EFI is really starting to get on my nerves. Ive been trying to flash my truck for over 4 hrs now and cant seem to get anything to work. Im trying to flash my DSP5 tune in my truck and the (wide red arrow) pointing down is grayed out. Can someone please explain to me what to do? The other two arrows are not grayed out, the green up and the other red down.

Thanks

duramax07tmd
March 21st, 2010, 09:05 AM
Anyone?

Brian1
March 21st, 2010, 09:24 AM
Ok first need to know your current V7.5 build number and firmware and bootblock on the V2 unit.

Next I first recommend that you shut everything down and restart. Now plug the Flashscan V2, Wait a few seconds to register on the USB interface. Plug into the truck. Then open the EFILive tune software.

Does the Full flash option exist? If not sounds like you need to do some updating to the latest firmware, bootblock, and public beta software. You can get this up at the top of the forum to the RC5 release of V7.5 and V8. Install both. Then update the firmware and bootblock. Now you should be set.

Brian

jay p
March 21st, 2010, 09:24 AM
You need to have the Flashscan hooked up to the truck and computer before you open the tune.

Jay

bballer182
March 21st, 2010, 10:04 AM
You need to have the Flashscan hooked up to the truck and computer before you open the tune.

Jay

Yes, in order to "full flash" a tune you HAVE to have the V2 plugged into the computer BEFORE you open the tune file for flashing.

DURAtotheMAX
March 21st, 2010, 10:48 AM
EFI is really starting to get on my nerves. Ive been trying to flash my truck for over 4 hrs now and cant seem to get anything to work. Im trying to flash my DSP5 tune in my truck and the (wide red arrow) pointing down is grayed out. Can someone please explain to me what to do? The other two arrows are not grayed out, the green up and the other red down.

Thanks

your efilive is broken, send it to me... [deleted the rest].

duramax07tmd
March 21st, 2010, 11:04 AM
Ok thanks guys, "DURAtotheMAX" whats your address ill sent it to you tomorrow.

duramax07tmd
March 21st, 2010, 11:07 AM
I have the V7.5.6 (Build 107)...what else do you need???

GMPX
March 21st, 2010, 11:35 AM
Can you confirm you have the V2 plugged in to the USB port before you open the software?

Cheers,
Ross

P.S - Would you like me to edit your thread title? You might actually get more help that way.

Brian1
March 21st, 2010, 11:40 AM
Software is up to date but no idea but what is the firmware on the V2? I say it be new enough but still have to check. But as mentioned plug the v2 in first before open the software. Open your tune and then does it work.

Brian

duramax07tmd
March 21st, 2010, 11:48 AM
Yes i have plugged everything in before i opened the tune. I will go try it again just to double checked. I feel like i have done everything. I have worked on it since 8AM this morning.

duramax07tmd
March 21st, 2010, 11:51 AM
Just to be sure, Turn the truck to the "on" position first, plug usb in, plug the the truck, then open the software?

bballer182
March 21st, 2010, 12:15 PM
step 1. plug V2 into the laptop via the USB cable.
2. open the tune file
3. connect the V2 (while still connected to the laptop) to the OBDII port via the supplied cable.
4. click the "full flash" button (the WIDE red button)
5. follow the instructions.

duramax07tmd
March 21st, 2010, 01:07 PM
ok, now at what point do you turn the key to the ON position?

bballer182
March 21st, 2010, 01:10 PM
in between 2 and 3. sorry

duramax07tmd
March 21st, 2010, 01:29 PM
ok thank you ill try it again!

duramax07tmd
March 21st, 2010, 03:14 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to all that have responded to my post. I worked all day on learning this software. I just now got my DSP tune flashed into the truck. I was very frustrated this afternoon, but i feel much better now.

Again, thank you to all that helped me with my issue!

Feel free to delete this thread if needed.

Thanks.

Brian1
March 22nd, 2010, 09:46 AM
Your welcome. Was the issue having to plug the V2 in before opening the Efilive 7.5 software?

Brian

Dmaxink
March 22nd, 2010, 10:47 AM
Was doing a search on google and this "[deleted reference]" title came up...not too cool:bad: just lettin ya know cause obviously...it made someone really happy once they were tutored....to the poster...Welcome to the forum!:cheers:

WeathermanShawn
March 22nd, 2010, 11:33 AM
Yea, shows you the importance of words.

You get mad..take it back, but Google does not forgive!

To the OP, glad you got it worked out. Having gotten frustrated a few times in life..I try real hard now to take 24-48 hours before I post in anger.

All understandable..A good lesson for all though..

joecar
March 22nd, 2010, 12:20 PM
Ok, I edited that particular reference out of several posts in this thread, so hopefully Google will lose it... :)

I want this thread to stay so that everyone can see that various people stepped up and offered to help the original poster, and that from this the the original poster was able to solve the problem...

If there's a good reason to delete this thread, just let me know and I will.

:)

GMPX
March 22nd, 2010, 01:25 PM
Leave it up. If anyone has ever dealt with airline staff you soon realise the people who complain and demand loudly end up at the back of the standby line, always! Pretty much goes for many things in life. I'm sure if the original poster was standing in a shop he would not have taken that angle, getting mad at a screen is pretty easy to do, walk away and think about it before you press send is my rule.

WeathermanShawn
March 22nd, 2010, 02:00 PM
Yea, I agree.

Most of the time "Google" picks up on a Title of a thread. I am sure the OP wishes it all could have been handled differently.

If anything, editing the title will solve the 'Google' problem. Otherwise, it usually drops out after a few days.

duramax07tmd
March 22nd, 2010, 03:07 PM
Yeah guys, im sorry about that. That title of my post was out of frustration. But i really was wanting help and i got it.

Again, thank you everyone that helped me resolve my issue. Im still not sure what happened but all i did was uninstall the soft ware, reload it and try it again. Im not saying that i did everything right the first time. It could have been 100% me.

I understand next time that i need to cool off a bit before i post for help.

Thanks for everyones support!

joecar
March 22nd, 2010, 04:15 PM
No worries, we're glad you got it working...:cheers:

Thanks everyone who helped...:cheers:...this is what make the forum...:cheers: