PDA

View Full Version : V1 second Licence help

speedygoss
March 23rd, 2010, 02:58 AM
Hello,

I have EFI Live V1 and it came with 2 Licenses. I would like to use the second License for my second truck (2003 Duramax LB7) Does anyone have a link to how I set up the second license for the second truck?

Thanks,

joecar
March 23rd, 2010, 03:21 AM
Hi Speedy,

Connect to vehicle, start tunetool...

Try to do a cal-only flash to the ECM, click Start or Test, a pop up appears to tell you that a license is required...

close the pop up, click License ECM, and try to flash again, confirm your intention.

See attached page from user manual.

speedygoss
March 23rd, 2010, 03:34 AM
Hi Speedy,

Try to do a cal-only flash to the ECM, click Start or Test, a pop up appears to tell you that a license is required...

close the pop up, click License ECM, and try to flash again, confirm your intention.

Awesome, Thanks Joecar. I will give it a shot here in a minute. :cheers:

speedygoss
March 23rd, 2010, 03:56 AM
Hi Speedy,

Hey joecar,
When you say do a (cal-only flash to the ECM) Which option is that?
I have 1.)Read PCM calibrations
2.) Program PCM Calibrations
3.) Program PCM O/S system and calibrations.

I will of course need to pull and save the factory tune first. Is there a different flash somewhere else for this (cal-only flash)

Sorry for all the questions. I did this along time ago and had someone with me that knew it back then.

Thanks again.

speedygoss
March 23rd, 2010, 06:05 AM
Anyone?

Is the Cal-only flash the same as Read PCM Calibrations?

joecar
March 23rd, 2010, 06:55 AM
Speedy,

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier...

"cal-only flash" (or simply "cal flash") is option #2: Program Calibrations.

joecar
March 23rd, 2010, 06:56 AM
Hey joecar,
When you say do a (cal-only flash to the ECM) Which option is that?
I have
1.)Read PCM calibrations --> read
2.) Program PCM Calibrations --> cal flash
3.) Program PCM O/S system and calibrations --> full flash

I will of course need to pull and save the factory tune first. Is there a different flash somewhere else for this (cal-only flash)

Sorry for all the questions. I did this along time ago and had someone with me that knew it back then.

Thanks again.No worries... look at my responses...

joecar
March 23rd, 2010, 06:57 AM
Yes pull the original tune and save it first.

ScarabEpic22
March 23rd, 2010, 07:06 AM
Yes pull the original tune and save it first.

Yep, make sure you do this FIRST then save it in multiple places.

FYI, you do not need to license the truck to read the ECM and TCM, however you can only tune either the ECM or the TCM with a single V1 license (downfall of the V1 licensing scheme).

speedygoss
March 23rd, 2010, 07:42 AM
Wow. Thanks for all the help guys. I am pretty familiar with pulling and sending tunes to the ECM. When I purchased the software a year or so ago I had a friend help me with the whole licensing thing for my Duramax (LLY). Since I haven't done it in such a long time I hadn't remembered how it was done and wanted to do it correctly on this Duramax (LB7).

You guys have been great.
Thanks again.

:cheers:

speedygoss
March 23rd, 2010, 07:51 AM
One more thing really quick. Here is a screen shot of my FlashScan V1 PCM Licensing. It says under PCM Licensing that I have (1) Available and (1) Used.

I was told that my V1 was only supposed to come with (1) PCM and (1) TCM license. So looking at this is the (1) available for TCM or PCM?

P.S. I have the V1 Commercial (Not the Personal) if that makes any difference...

Thanks,

Link to screen shot:

http://s848.photobucket.com/albums/ab45/speedygoss/?action=view&current=Screenshot.jpg

joecar
March 23rd, 2010, 08:49 AM
That screenshot shows 1 license already used, and 1 license available...

The available licence can be used on only one of PCM or ECM or TCM (this is how FlashScan V1 works).

Where did you buy your V1 from...?
Do you know controller that the used license is tied to...?
Is it the PCM or TCM in your vehicle...?
Did your friend use one license on the PCM in your Duramax...?

V1 Commercial means you can flash in a different OS if required, and gives you access to electronic throttle tables in some OS's.

(OS = operating system of the PCM or ECM or TCM).

speedygoss
March 23rd, 2010, 09:42 AM

The available licence can be used on only one of PCM or ECM or TCM (this is how FlashScan V1 works). Does this mean I can tune a second ECM or since I have used one for the ECM the second license can only be used for a PCM or TCM? I dont use the PCM or TCM ever.

Where did you buy your V1 from...? Killerbee, He has been great to work with and has helped me many times with EFI. I just don't like to bother him too much without trying to figure things out myself first.
Do you know controller that the used license is tied to...? (not sure what you mean by controller?)
Is it the PCM or TCM in your vehicle...? I have only tuned my 05 LLY Duramax ECM with the used license)
Did your friend use one license on the PCM in your Duramax...? I have the first license set up for tuning my 05 LLY ECM. He helped me set the first license up for tuning that truck. Now I have another Duramax 03 LB7 that I would like to tune with the second license.

V1 Commercial means you can flash in a different OS if required, and gives you access to electronic throttle tables in some OS's.

speedygoss
March 23rd, 2010, 10:19 AM
Ok So I have pulled the factory tune and saved it a couple times.
When I attempted to licence the ECM it said that it would permanently lock my FlashScan Cable to that ECM. Is that what we are trying to achieve?? They make it sound like I won't be able to use the cable for my LLY anymore. LOL.

Tordne
March 23rd, 2010, 10:43 AM
The 2 PCM licenses that came with your FlashScan v1 product are completely independent of each another. If you have already allocated slot #1 to your LLY you can continue to tune that ECM indefinitely. If you now license slot #2 to the LB7 ECM you can then tune that ECM as well as your LLY.

speedygoss
March 23rd, 2010, 10:45 AM
Awesome. Thanks Tordne.

So when it asks to allocate the Cable I just say yes and it will automatically use the license available?

joecar
March 23rd, 2010, 10:46 AM

The available licence can be used on only one of PCM or ECM or TCM (this is how FlashScan V1 works). Does this mean I can tune a second ECM or since I have used one for the ECM the second license can only be used for a PCM or TCM? I dont use the PCM or TCM ever.

Where did you buy your V1 from...? Killerbee, He has been great to work with and has helped me many times with EFI. I just don't like to bother him too much without trying to figure things out myself first.
Do you know controller that the used license is tied to...? (not sure what you mean by controller?)
Is it the PCM or TCM in your vehicle...? I have only tuned my 05 LLY Duramax ECM with the used license)
Did your friend use one license on the PCM in your Duramax...? I have the first license set up for tuning my 05 LLY ECM. He helped me set the first license up for tuning that truck. Now I have another Duramax 03 LB7 that I would like to tune with the second license.

A license can be used on any (one of) PCM or ECM or TCM.

So, yes, you can flash a second ECM.

Oh, "controller" is the generic term for any of PCM, ECM, TCM.

Yes, you should be able to use the second license on your other Duramax.

(I checked the list of vehicles supported by V1 and it is supported).

joecar
March 23rd, 2010, 10:47 AM
Ok So I have pulled the factory tune and saved it a couple times.
When I attempted to licence the ECM it said that it would permanently lock my FlashScan Cable to that ECM. Is that what we are trying to achieve??They make it sound like I won't be able to use the cable for my LLY anymore. LOL.Yes, that is correct. It will permanently lock the available license to this ECM.

Your LLY is already linked to the other license so it will remain licensed.

Awesome. Thanks Tordne.

So when it asks to allocate the Cable I just say yes and it will automatically use the license available?Yes, that is correct.

joecar
March 23rd, 2010, 10:51 AM
So after doing that you will have two used licenses.

speedygoss
March 23rd, 2010, 11:42 AM
I would like to thank you guys for all your help. I just successfully loaded a tune in the LB7. This is a great bunch of guys on this forum and I look forward to spending much more time on it learning small pieces of your knowledge.

:cheers:

joecar
March 23rd, 2010, 11:52 AM
Cool...:cheers:...Glad it worked... Thanks for the kind words.