PDA

View Full Version : Which side to install wideband on

Gregs
March 24th, 2010, 09:00 AM
well since this is my first post I guess I should say hi all!

the other day I got a v1 and a lc-1 wideband. i'm getting ready to install it on my truck and i'm wondering if i should install it on the right or left side collector. does it matter because i think i've heard that the passenger side is the best place.

thanks!

joecar
March 24th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Hi Gregs, welcome to the forum...:cheers:

Which truck do you have...?

Gregs
March 24th, 2010, 09:45 AM
03 silverado 5.3 4wd ecsb

swingtan
March 24th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Normally, the passenger side is preferred as you have a bit more room to route cables etc. It also brings the cable into the cab in a place away from the driver, keeping the driver free from clutter.

Technically speaking, it doesn't really matter which side it's on if you are only using a single WB as the only time the the banks are considered as separate entities is for closed loop fueling. Even then, there is very very little to adjust on a "per bank basis". All other calculations for air flow, spark etc effect the entire motor and are not bank specific.

Simon

Chevy366
March 24th, 2010, 12:16 PM
On the trucks Driver side is best , LS1s tend to have a lean bank , drivers side .
Either one will work , but in the trucks drivers side is easiest for power , ground and such .

Gregs
March 24th, 2010, 02:34 PM
thanks for the quick reply. i've searched around but have come up dry, does anyone know of any good how-to articles out on the web anywhere?

hquick
March 25th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Yep...drivers side. Apparently the number 7 cylinder has a tendency to lean out.

Hmmm...assuming you're in the US (LHD).

pullincrazy88
April 12th, 2010, 04:58 AM
is there any significant reason that a single cylinder would lean out? as you put hquick #7. i have mine installed into the pass. bank but would concidering switching when i redo my exhaust

hquick
April 12th, 2010, 07:06 AM
I've read it in alot of other forums...no idea why though.