PDA

View Full Version : couple 09 G8 GT tuning questions

Blk02Ls1A4
March 24th, 2010, 01:49 PM
My torque converter will not lock unless the trans temp is 40* C or higher. I have monitored this both in engineering mode and through EFILive. Does anyone know how to lower this temp or what I would need to do to allow the TCC to lock sooner.

My LTFT's are in the +5 to +7 range in normal driving (about 25 to 50mph). I want to try to get them closer to zero, but adding extra fuel is confusing me. I tried altering the virtual ve table, incerased the values in the approprite MAP zones, but I did not see a reduction in LTFT's in these areas. I have read through the guide on how to adjust the vve table on the efilive forum, but I guess I am missing something...

I get between .5 and 2.5* degrees of knock retard when in 6th gear, torque converter locked around 50mph. If I apply some throttle, but not to the point of the converter unlocking or the trans downshifting, I will get some knock. If I go WOT or 50% + throttle I do not get any. I was thinking that correcting the fueling would help this, what would be the best way too get rid of this knock?
Any help would be appreciated.

alian
March 25th, 2010, 05:28 PM
My torque converter will not lock unless the trans temp is 40* C or higher. I have monitored this both in engineering mode and through EFILive. Does anyone know how to lower this temp or what I would need to do to allow the TCC to lock sooner.

My LTFT's are in the +5 to +7 range in normal driving (about 25 to 50mph). I want to try to get them closer to zero, but adding extra fuel is confusing me. I tried altering the virtual ve table, incerased the values in the approprite MAP zones, but I did not see a reduction in LTFT's in these areas. I have read through the guide on how to adjust the vve table on the efilive forum, but I guess I am missing something...

I get between .5 and 2.5* degrees of knock retard when in 6th gear, torque converter locked around 50mph. If I apply some throttle, but not to the point of the converter unlocking or the trans downshifting, I will get some knock. If I go WOT or 50% + throttle I do not get any. I was thinking that correcting the fueling would help this, what would be the best way too get rid of this knock?
Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried turning off the LTFTrims?? and just log the STFTrims. and maybe pull a bit of spark where it Knocks.

Cheers Ian