PDA

View Full Version : What do i need to use EFI live

buck0000
March 25th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Hey guys i just joined and dont know beans from apple butter about this stuff. I have a mac laptop will it work with mac ? If i need a windows laptop what version of windows will i need to have to make the software work?

Thanks for the help fellas Im sure i'll need more in the future but hopefully this will help me get on the right road. I still have my engine warrenty left so I wont be doing anything till after that is up.

Thanks

WeathermanShawn
March 25th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Welcome..

I can never tell if a first post is really a new member or not (we have had a lot of spam lately), but I'll be the first to try. Hello there.

Now the difference betweens beans and apple butter is as follows..just joking of course.

Will it work on a Mac laptop..I would check this thread out first..http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=13177.

I am a little curious how you decided on EFILive. Personally I never worried about the whole engine warranty thing. I started adding mods from day one. But, I can understand if one wants to wait. Will tuning really void your warranty? How much longer until your warranty-free?

Anyhow welcome. We will be around if and when you need help.

joecar
March 25th, 2010, 02:58 PM
It will run on a Mac, but I recommend installing Boot Camp and dual booting to Win XP or Win 7.

joecar
March 25th, 2010, 02:58 PM
A spammer is not able to specify their engine RPO... ;)

buck0000
April 8th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Nope im not a spammer lol Thanks for all the help when i get efi i'll just get a cheap laptop to use soley for that.

Thanks again

joecar
April 8th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Some of the new Netbooks are cheap, around $300.

WeathermanShawn
April 8th, 2010, 01:33 PM
I should clarify. I was somewhat joking about the 'spammer' comment.

I will pay attention to the RPO from now on..:grin:

Nothing personal. Welcome to the forum..:cheers: