PDA

View Full Version : help truck wont start!

chev
March 26th, 2010, 10:34 AM
I attemped to do a full reflash on my truck then install a new tune, I get an error code stating that the serial number on the ECM is 0000000000 and to do a full reflash and EFI Live will assign a new serial.
We did this and it assigned the new serial and said it was completed successfully, after this truck still wouldnt start, we attempted putting in the dsp5 tunes that we pulled out of the truck and it still says the serial 000000000 error. What should I do next? Earlier in the day we used the "Program PCM with current calibrations and operating system" function a couple times, could this have created the problem? Please Help.

ScarabEpic22
March 26th, 2010, 10:42 AM
First, what version of the software are you using? If you're not using the latest (7.5.6 build 107 and V8.1.2 build 87) then download them from this link: EFILive V7.5.6 build 107 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=117126)

What truck is this on, I know its a Duramax but LB7, LLY, LBZ, or LMM? Make sure you update the firmware on your V2 as well.

chev
March 26th, 2010, 02:45 PM
it is an 02 lb7 and i have a v1 if that makes any difference and i have version 7.5 does that mean it is the newest one or are there different 7.5s? thanks for the help

chev
March 26th, 2010, 02:56 PM
it is version 7.5.5 build 88 i also have a dsp5 switch if that helps i am new to efi live so i dont know what will affect it any input would be much appriciated thanks

chev
March 26th, 2010, 03:00 PM
can i just plug in my other ecm that i got from the wreckers for now so i can at least drive it again or will that work? i have not even tried that ecm yet because i was not sure if i could just plug it in to my truck and it would work or not? do you have to get them flashed ny the dealer or anything?

ScarabEpic22
March 26th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Since you have a V1 you just need to update to the latest 7.5.6 release I linked to above.

You will have to at least do a security relearn and maybe a VATS relink on your new ECM before it will work.

Once you have updated, try it again. I know for LBZ/LMMs you cannot read DSP5 tunes out, I believe LB7 and LLYs you can. Maybe try just reflashing the original (stock) tune back in.

chev
March 28th, 2010, 09:15 AM
i dont have the stock tune all i have is the dsp5 that came with it and nicks tune library is there a place to find a stock tune for it so i can try that?

GMPX
March 28th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Unfortunately GM's TIS system had a habit of wiping out some critical data on early LB7's during dealer updates. It might be possible your truck had this happen at some point.
Did you at any point read out what was in the truck prior to programming it?

chev
March 28th, 2010, 12:53 PM
yes i did read the calabration data from the ecm before tring to install the new tune i thought you had to do that?

GMPX
March 28th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Did the VIN etc look ok in the file? usually when the ECM is corrupted this info is jibberish.

chev
March 29th, 2010, 01:39 PM
i disabled vats and then reflahed the truck and it now starts but it will not change tunes and still has unknown ecm serial number even though it says it assigns a new one when i do a full refash and still has the same error when i try to do just a calebrations reflash would it have anything to do with the dsp5? and no the serial numer just comes up as all zeros