PDA

View Full Version : EFILive V7.3.0 Released

Blacky
November 15th, 2005, 01:31 AM
Download here:
http://www.efilive.com/downloads/downloads_7.html
Please post any issues with the download or installtion in this thread.

Regards
Paul

Bruce Melton
November 15th, 2005, 02:22 AM
Exciting! We love a new, clean install.
Thanks,
Bruce

Black LS1 T/A
November 15th, 2005, 04:42 AM
Me, too!

TAQuickness
November 15th, 2005, 03:49 PM
I've been needing this for a while!

Check the lounge. A fellow over there was having install trouble with the msi

ringram
November 16th, 2005, 02:59 AM
hmm, looks like LC-1 calc and ben pids are slightly off in the sae-generic file.
The numbers/discriptions dont match the formula's etc.

--
# Innovate LC-1 WBO2
# ========================
*CLC-00-934
V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{EXT.AD1}"
AFR 10.0 20.0 .2 "({EXT.AD1}*3)+7.35"
*CLC-00-935
factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "{CALC.AFR_LC11.AFR}/{GM.AFR}"

*CLC-00-936
V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{EXT.AD2}"
AFR 10.0 20.0 .2 "({EXT.AD2}*3)+7.35"
*CLC-00-937
factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "{CALC.AFR_LC12.AFR}/{GM.AFR}"
--

CALC.AFR_LC11 F520 CLC-00-932 "AFR,V" O2-Wide "Wide Band AFR 1 - LC-1"
CALC.BEN_LC11 F521 CLC-00-933 factor O2-Wide "Base Efficiency Numerator 1 - LC-1"
CALC.AFR_LC12 F522 CLC-00-934 "AFR,V" O2-Wide "Wide Band AFR 2 - LC-1"
CALC.BEN_LC12 F523 CLC-00-935 factor O2-Wide "Base Efficiency Numerator 2 - LC-1"

Blacky
November 16th, 2005, 08:17 AM
hmm, looks like LC-1 calc and ben pids are slightly off in the sae-generic file.
The numbers/discriptions dont match the formula's etc.

Good catch, my bad :(
Guess a patch is due out anytime now...

Paul

ringram
November 16th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Another thing I noticed was that on one PC the install didnt overwrite the custom cals. I had to copy them over the top. The stock ones got written ok.
This was doing an over the top upgrade over pre 7.3.
Maybe was my bad, but I dont think so.

Blacky
November 16th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Another thing I noticed was that on one PC the install didnt overwrite the custom cals. I had to copy them over the top. The stock ones got written ok.
This was doing an over the top upgrade over pre 7.3.
Maybe was my bad, but I dont think so.

I guess that comes down to a "paranoid installshield algorithm" that says, if a file exists (and it is not part of any previous install), then don't overwrite it.

The custom *.cals were not part of any previous install (i.e. V7.2.2). They were only ever made available as downloads from the web. To the installer, they appear as "foriegn" files - not to be overwritten.

Another possibilty:
Did you happen to copy the *.cal or *.tun files from one PC to another using a CD? If so they can get marked as "Read-only" which may cause the installer to not overwrite them.

Regards
Paul

mistermike
November 16th, 2005, 10:54 AM
I edited my SAE_Generic.txt file to fine tune my LC-1's. I've obviously done manual installs up to this point. Should I rename my current file to preserve it before running the install routine? Does the installer automatically do all the .cal and .tun files?

Blacky
November 16th, 2005, 11:14 AM
I edited my SAE_Generic.txt file to fine tune my LC-1's. I've obviously done manual installs up to this point. Should I rename my current file to preserve it before running the install routine? Does the installer automatically do all the .cal and .tun files?

If you have changed sae_generic.txt then save it and copy it back after the install - it will be overwritten during the install.

I recommend deleting (or backing up and then deleting) all the *.cal files and the custom *.tun files (don't accidentally delete all your normal *.tun files) prior to installing. That way you know the new ones will be installed.

If you've already installed, then you can just delete them anyway and re-run the install and select [Repair] to re-install the deleted files.

Regards
Paul

Ninety8C5
November 16th, 2005, 02:39 PM
I was just setting up the black box to log data from my friends 98 Firebird and we kept getting weird data. I selected Inj. Duty Cycle Bank 1 & 2 but was getting Inj. 5 & 8 Duty Cycle or Inj. 3 & 6 Duty Cycle. These PID's are not valid PID's for this vehicle. I was wondering if this was related to the error in sae_generic.txt for the LC-1.

Blacky
November 16th, 2005, 03:15 PM
There have been problems found with the sae_generic.txt and gm_enhanced.prn files. They are most likely the cause of that problem. They will be fixed and new files will be posted for download asap.

Regards
Paul

ringram
November 16th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Yeah I tried the copy older sae_generic trick yesterday, but as you say the gm.._prn file didnt match, so that was a no go.

Also custom .cals were from download not the cd, so I guess its the foreign file issue.

Blacky
November 16th, 2005, 07:58 PM
A new, updated sae_generic.txt file has been made available here:
http://www.efilive.com/downloads/software/sae_generic.txt
It fixes the CALC PIDs problems discussed in this thread.

Regards
Paul

Acer
November 18th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Paul,

I just installed V7.3 public (your latest release) over a beta 7.3 V & also copied the additional sae_generic.txt file as per your instructions but neither EFILive or Flashscan will fully launch due to errors. The error messages are:

EFILive - "ERR_DUPLICATE/109, Duplicate *PRNname:GM.MAP"

Flashscan - "Duplicate *PRNname:GM.MAP"

Appears a PRN duplication is causing the problem with both.

Didn't see any comments on your downloads page about needing to do a clean install but could this be the issue?

Thanks,

Acer

Blacky
November 18th, 2005, 03:11 PM
The duplicate GM.MAP problem was fixed over a month ago. For some reason you may still be using an old version of gm_enhanced.prn.
The file date on gm_enhanced.prn should be Nov 15, 2005 12:00am, please make sure that is the file that you have here:
\Program Files\EFILive\V7\Configuration\gm_enhanced.prn

The two files in question:
\Program Files\EFILive\V7\Configuration\sae_generic.txt
and
\Program Files\EFILive\V7\Configuration\gm_enhanced.prn
must both be from the latest V7.3.0 download available on our web site.

Additionally, the
\Program Files\EFILive\V7\Configuration\sae_generic.txt should be updated with the file listed in this thread.

Regards
Paul

Acer
November 18th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Thanks Paul, updating the gm_enhanced.prn file solved the problem.

Cheers,

Acer

SSbaby
November 21st, 2005, 12:14 PM
I had some problems extracting v7.3.0 last night from the downloaded zip file. The problem appears to be related to the default Windows XP zipfile application.

I tried the same deal today using another machine on a Windows 2000 platform. This time I used Winzip which extracted the files without drama... and v7.3.0 installed OK too. :)

SSbaby
November 22nd, 2005, 12:04 AM
Problem 1:

Having problems installing v7.3.0 (EFILiveV730_308_449_320.zip) on my laptop... get the error "Unrecognised PCM" dialog when invoking Tuning Tool. What would be the reason for that? I have custom file 1290001 and upgrading from v7.2.2.

Problem 2:

Tried to install the updated self extracting file, EFILiveV730_309_451_324.exe, in the hope that it might fix Problem 1 but get CRC error during the install.

Blacky
November 22nd, 2005, 08:20 AM
Problem 1:

Having problems installing v7.3.0 (EFILiveV730_308_449_320.zip) on my laptop... get the error "Unrecognised PCM" dialog when invoking Tuning Tool. What would be the reason for that? I have custom file 1290001 and upgrading from v7.2.2.

Check that the *.cal file matching the operating system exits. In your case, check that this file exists:
\Program Files\EFILive\V7\Calibrations\1290001.cal
If it does not exist, re-run the installation and select repair.
If it does exist, delete it (actually it would be a good idea to delete all *.cal files in that folder) and then re-run the installation and select repair.

Problem 2:

Tried to install the updated self extracting file, EFILiveV730_309_451_324.exe, in the hope that it might fix Problem 1 but get CRC error during the install.

Have you checked the downloaded file using the supplied MD5 checksum?
See section "EFILive Download Verification" just below the V7.3.0 download.

Regards
Paul

SSbaby
November 22nd, 2005, 08:38 AM
Check that the *.cal file matching the operating system exits. In your case, check that this file exists:
If it does exist, delete it (actually it would be a good idea to delete all *.cal files in that folder) and then re-run the installation and select repair.

Unfortunately, not much luck there, Paul. I deleted all the cals and selected repair option... same deal. :(

Have you checked the downloaded file using the supplied MD5 checksum?
See section "EFILive Download Verification" just below the V7.3.0 download.

Not yet, Paul but will give it a burl. It was late... ;)

PS I'm running an earlier 1290001 OS that Ross developed for me prior to custom OS becoming available. Could that be a possible reason? :?

Blacky
November 22nd, 2005, 09:15 AM
Unfortunately, not much luck there, Paul. I deleted all the cals and selected repair option... same deal. :(

Can you delete the \My Documents\EFILive\V7\User Configuration\cal_link.txt file and re-run the install and select repair.
It's a long shot, but a misplaced ; character in that file can cause the error you are seeing.

Failing that a complete fresh install of EFILive may be required.
To do that:
1. Uninstall the current EFILive installation using Windows->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs.
2. Rename \My Documents\EFILive\V7 to \My Documents\EFILive\V7_OLD
3. Rename \Program Files\EFILive\V7 to \Program Files\EFILive\V7_OLD
4. Start->Run, enter Regedit click OK
5. Find the key: \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7 and delete it, which will delete everything it contains.
6. Re-install EFILive from the downlaoded file.
7. Copy your logged data files and tuning files from the V7_OLD folders to the newly isntalled V7 folders. And PID selection files and dashbaord files and any other files that you want to "retain".
7. Keep the V7_OLD folders around for a while (or just make a copy of them onto a CD) in case there are files in there that you want to keep that you do not realise just yet.

PS I'm running an earlier 1290001 OS that Ross developed for me prior to custom OS becoming available. Could that be a possible reason? :?

No.

Regards
Paul

SSbaby
November 22nd, 2005, 09:07 PM

Can you delete the \My Documents\EFILive\V7\User Configuration\cal_link.txt file and re-run the install and select repair.
It's a long shot, but a misplaced ; character in that file can cause the error you are seeing.

Failing that a complete fresh install of EFILive may be required.
To do that:
1. Uninstall the current EFILive installation using Windows->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs.
2. Rename \My Documents\EFILive\V7 to \My Documents\EFILive\V7_OLD
3. Rename \Program Files\EFILive\V7 to \Program Files\EFILive\V7_OLD
4. Start->Run, enter Regedit click OK
5. Find the key: \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7 and delete it, which will delete everything it contains.
6. Re-install EFILive from the downlaoded file.
7. Copy your logged data files and tuning files from the V7_OLD folders to the newly isntalled V7 folders. And PID selection files and dashbaord files and any other files that you want to "retain".
7. Keep the V7_OLD folders around for a while (or just make a copy of them onto a CD) in case there are files in there that you want to keep that you do not realise just yet.

Paul,

Unfortunately that didn't work either. I did all the above... still get the "Unrecognised PCM" dialog popping up... :(

On this occasion I'm using a more recent cal file for OS 1290001. I'm also using a newer gm_enhanced.prn file. Could that be it? The previous versions of these files were dated 28/05/2005.

Blacky
November 22nd, 2005, 09:49 PM
Make sure that the Calibrations setting on the [Folders] tab page of the Properties window in the Scan Tool software is set to:
\Program Files\EFILive\V7\Calibrations
And that the file 01290001.cal exists in that folder and that the file is not marked as "Read-only".
To check if it is marked as read-only, right click on it (from within Explorer) and select Properties. Make sure the Read-only check box is not checked.

Are you positive that the *.tun files's operating system is still 01290001, double check it on the Calibrations page that displays when you first open the *.tun file.

I do not believe anything in the gm_enhanced.prn file can cause the problem.

Basically the error message is displayed if *any* error occurs while trying to load the *.cal file that matches the operating system number in the *.tun file. Common causes are:

1. *.cal file does not exists or cannot be opened correctly by EFILive.
2. Calibrations folder set to a non-default folder in the Scan Tool Properties window.
3. An encoding fault in the *.cal file.
4. *.cal file set to read-only.
5. An encoding fault in some other configuration file that is loaded at the same time that a *.tun file is opened.

Can you send the *.tun file (and the 01290001.cal file) to me at paul@efilive.com - thanks
Paul

Reagrds
Paul

SSbaby
November 22nd, 2005, 11:33 PM
Paul

Everything, inluding respective settings and destination folders appears to be correct.

I have tried to install and configure v7.3.0 so many times without luck. :? Every time I revert back to v7.2.2 I also reuse my old files... it works every time.

I will send you 4 files...

01290001.cal (current v7.3.0)
01290001.cal.old
01290001.tun (current v7.3.0)
01290001.tun.old

Thanks for all your help so far, Paul. :)

Cheers

johnv
November 25th, 2005, 06:50 PM
I have noticed the values in table B3618 PE modified based on RPM are very different since downloading 7.3.0 looks like they are a percentage of EQ ratio rather than a factor of :?: - they start at 1.00 and reduce to 0.91 (reducing the value adds fuel , increasing subracts)

Dirk Diggler
November 25th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Edit properties and change the units from Lambda to EQ ratio

johnv
November 26th, 2005, 04:38 PM

GMPX
November 26th, 2005, 06:03 PM
I have tried to install and configure v7.3.0 so many times without luck. :? Every time I revert back to v7.2.2 I also reuse my old files... it works every time.

This turned out to be SSbaby had an earlier 'pre-release' custom O.S, it's all sorted now.

Cheers,
Ross

dlandsvZ28
November 28th, 2005, 02:29 PM
This weekend I tried to read my 98 pcm (98 Camaro Z28 A4).

I have installed the latest release and followed all of the instructions
making sure the the correct calibrations etc were installed.

On the first attempt the read failed or quit with 50 seconds remaining. On the second attempt, it said something about the bootloader not loading. I may have attempted again. Each time time I waited the 15 seconds. Initially the car started, however, after a third or fourth attempt the car would not start.

After many connects and disconnects, a message finally popped up stating to click yes to flash. Then the car started.

Thinking I had not installed correctly, I reviewed the calibration folder and the files therein and decided to rename it and repair/reinstall into an empy calibration folder. This time all calibration files installed, same as before, but minus some 1998 calibration files from original 98 betas I had installed.

Quote:

After the reinstall and repair, I went thru the same scenario with same results. Car wouldn't start. After many disconnects it finally started.

Rather than try a third time, I called it quits for fear my car would not start.

The PCM is a rebuilt. A tuner fried the original pcm attempting to flash from the bench rather than in the car. The tune file on it now is from EPP in Indiana tuned with LSEdit.

I have reflashed the tune less than five times with some minor adjustments to the A4 setttings with my own licensed copy of LSEdit.

I am confused about the instructions to delete all calibration files from previous installs. There are three 1998 calibration files from previous beta 98 installations. Are those supposed to be deleted as well? In any case it didn't appear to make any difference because with or without as I can't read the pcm.

This is the information off of the PCM.

SVC# 16238212
Factory authorized remanufactured module for DELPHI DELCO
ELECTRONICS Systems Made in USA
86CLJPM08124 1STQ

Please help...I have been waiting for months to use EFIlive and dump LSEdit.

I have many logs from the error log, but when I click on them it appears to be nothing in them and all that happens is that EFI live opens.

Blacky
November 28th, 2005, 02:59 PM
I have many logs from the error log, but when I click on them it appears to be nothing in them and all that happens is that EFI live opens.

If you have the *.blx files, please send them to me at paul@efilive.com.
Those files are in the folder: \My Documents\EFILive\V7\Bug reports.

If you have a successful read of a *.tun file, please send that as well.

Regards
Paul

dlandsvZ28
November 28th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Thanks Paul.

All .blx files sent

dlandsvZ28
December 3rd, 2005, 12:23 PM
Fyi

Paul responded with things to check. Wait4me helped too with suggestions.

The problem appears to be my Toshiba laptop as both Paul and Wait4me suggested. The Toshiba is a Satelite A45 130 model, just one year old. It has 4 USB 2.0 ports. I also have a USB pcm card. I tried to make a connection to read the PCM using each of the four ports as well as both ports on the PCM card. With each connection and test, the reply was that the bootloader wouldn't install.

As a final test I installed v7 on one of my stand-alone pcs, set it up along side the car, hooked up the cable and made a read the first time.

So folks, its looks like it's either the Toshiba hardware or bad drivers.

Anyone have a similar circumstance with a Toshiba and what the fix is?

The Toshiba is still on warranty, but not sure if I will get a response or a fix if I explain I am trying to connect to a car pcm. Everything else USB works on the laptop...even external hardrives. Since apparently everything else works, I don't think they will honor the warranty with a fix if there is one.

Any thoughts anyone? I essentially have a laptop that I can't use to tune with.

BTW, the USB ports work with the scanning tool and I am able to flash the pcm with LSEdit...however that is through the serial cable hooked into the USB port on the Toshiba.

So what is it about the flash scan cable that won't work? Yet the LSEDit cable through the same USB port will read or write to the PCM.

Blacky
December 3rd, 2005, 01:08 PM
Have you completely removed and re-installed the FlashScan USB drivers?

To do that:
1. Connect FlashScan to your laptop
2. Select Start, and then right click on "My Computer" and select Proeprties.
3. Select Hardware->Device Manager
4. Expand the section "Uinversal Serial bus Controllers"
5. Locate the FlashScan entry, right click it and select "Uninstall".
6. Close all the windows you just opened.

7. Unplug FlashScan.
8. Select Start->Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs.
9. Find FTDI FTD2XX USB Drivers and click [Add/Remove]
10. Select [Continue]

Once that is complete (a few seconds), reconnect FlashScan, you should be presented with the "New Hardware Installation Wizard". Insert the EFILive Installation CD and follow the on-screen prompts. Make the hardware wizard search the CD for the drivers.

Hint: Do not allow the hardware wizard to search the Internet for drivers. In fact, it is recommended that you disconnect from the internet while installing the FlashScan drivers. Some versions of Windows will install the wrong drivers from the internet if you are connected.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
December 3rd, 2005, 01:09 PM
Also, check the USB/FlashScan connection as per this post:
http://efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18455#18455

Regards
Paul

dlandsvZ28
December 4th, 2005, 08:16 AM
To answer some questions.
I have reinstalled EFI live with latest software.
I have XP home with SP2.
I am using the correct cable...I have LSEdit, EFIlive 6 and Flashscan V7.
Each has its own cable.
I don't have any external devices hooked to the laptop.
WIFI is turned off.
The laptop is booting from the harddrive. If doesn't have USB boot capability.
I haven't been able to find any patches or firmware from my laptop on the Toshiba site and have downloaded all of updates when prompted by Toshiba.

Now the for the unexplained.
As I stated in previous post I hooked up a standalone pc (XP Prof on it) and was able to make several reads.

Out of curiosity I hooked up my laptop after making several successful reads with the workstation. Bingo, I was able to make a successful read (but never had been able to in the past with the laptop (I had made at least 30 attempts)).

As a further test, I tried to read from two other USB ports on the laptop(it has 4...all 2.0). One was successful, but the other still hung at 50 seconds.

Can someone explain why I couldn't make any reads with at least 30 attempts with the laptop, but was succesful on the first attempt, but only after I had made successful reads with a stand-alone workstation? What happened to the pcm from the workstation....is there some unknown bug where there must be at least one successful read sometimes?

I tried again this morning after flashing an LSEDit file to the pcm. As soon as the flash completed, I started the car, test drove it and returned. Hooked the laptop to it and was able to make a successful read, and repeated the reads using the laptop at least 3 times this am...but I didnt' test the one port that had failed before (btw all four ports failed in all previous attempts...even with a pcm USB card).

Since we know that three of the four ports are now making good connections without error, what are my chances of attempting to flash with EFI live rather than LSEDit? And what happens if I lose the connection at midway?

The only difference in conditions is the temp was much lower in the garage, and I pulled the ebrake one click to kill the headlights while making the read.

I will upgrade to XP pro from XP home (a google search stated USB drivers can get corrupted with Home XP upgrades sometimes).

Paul from EFIlive suggested I reinstall the USB drivers again. I did, but was after I had been able to make successful reads with both the workstation and the laptop. I missed reading his replay to me until after I had made a successful read with both the workstation and laptop.

Any ideas why all of a sudden I can make reads now...and what about attempting to flash?

Blacky
December 4th, 2005, 08:51 AM
That all sounds just a little too intermittent for my liking.

I would like to replace your FlashScan interface and cables with new ones before you attempt any reflashes, just in case there is a real fault in the cable.

Can you please email me your current FlashScan serial number, preferred shipping address, email address and phone number.

Regards
Paul

dlandsvZ28
December 4th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Thanks

Sent email with info.

dlandsvZ28
December 9th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Paul

Cables arrived via UPS on Wednesday and picked up at UPS Thursday. Thanks for the quick service. Wow...fast delivery to Kansas from New Zealand.

But won't be able to try the cables until around Christmas. I'm in KC and car is stored in another in Wichita and won't travel there until xmas.

Hope this takes care of the issue. Will let you know as I know. It will be nice to finally tune with EFIlive. Have been waiting since Jan of last year when I purchased (I have a 98 ) .

Thanks again.

Blacky
December 9th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Glad the package arrived promptly. The US is not that far from NZ - just past Hawaii and a bit further south :) And just as nice IMHO.

I will be waiting (with interest) to see if that solves the problem.
Regards
Paul

WicketMike
December 19th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Hey Paul,

I sent you my .bxl files. i am having the same problem dlandsvz28 is having. hopefully that will help with my problem.

thanks

Mike

WicketMike
December 19th, 2005, 03:31 PM
I uninstalled the drivers and then i tried using a different usb port and it worked! finally :-)