PDA

View Full Version : Intel 8061/8065 Disassembler

Cougar281
March 28th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Does anyone happen to know of a decent disassmebler similar to IDA Pro for the Intel 8061 & 8065 CPUs found in Ford EEC-IV & EEC-V PCMs? Apparently, IDA Pro doesn't support those processors, and the only tools I've found are CLI apps that simply spit out a few text files.

Thanks

GMPX
March 28th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Sorry, that's not a CPU I've ever had anything to do with so I don't know.

limited cv8r
March 30th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Try this http://www.austincc.edu/cloud/tc_eec.htm
Information on the

EEC-IV - Engine Management System

TFZ_Z06
March 30th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Does anyone happen to know of a decent disassmebler similar to IDA Pro for the Intel 8061 & 8065 CPUs found in Ford EEC-IV & EEC-V PCMs? Apparently, IDA Pro doesn't support those processors, and the only tools I've found are CLI apps that simply spit out a few text files.

Thanks

Somebody is playing with FORD ASM? If you get a chance, post a copy of one of those text files you mentioned. I have some experience w/those. Each disassembly has a tendency to cause :throw: , yet also :shock: , later :damnit1: and finally :cheers: if I'm lucky.

Cougar281
March 31st, 2010, 12:02 AM
Somebody is playing with FORD ASM? If you get a chance, post a copy of one of those text files you mentioned. I have some experience w/those. Each disassembly has a tendency to cause :throw: , yet also :shock: , later :damnit1: and finally :cheers: if I'm lucky.

LOL, yeah, I'm kinda at the :throw: stage, but not because of the code, but rather the total lack on information on disassembling it. The problem with the txt files I mentioned is you need a directive file so the program knows what to do with the BIN. It seems to be a chicken or the egg kind of problem. You need the directive file for the app to know what to do with the BIN, but how are you supposed to follow the code and figure out what does what to make the directive file without disassembling it :confused:?

joecar
March 31st, 2010, 04:23 AM
This is Intel's way of torturing developers... :hihi:

GMPX
March 31st, 2010, 10:13 AM
I put Intel in the same basket as Apple :pokey:

joecar
March 31st, 2010, 12:19 PM
The MacBook uses an x86 cpu... makes me wonder why... "let's torture those M68000 programmers that got away..."