PDA

View Full Version : What could cause this

driver456
March 29th, 2010, 12:08 AM
Look from frame 350 on.This a log from when I dragrace.On the first hit of the throttle it goes,Then I get a dead spot/dip in the throttle and also the timing went to zero(TP is set to 60%).The timing does not drop that bad in all the logs.I also log GM.DYNCLYAIR_DMA and it sometimes goes to 1.26, And in the timing table it goes to 1.20.Am I maxing out that table? Is there a way around this?.......Paul7477

WeathermanShawn
March 29th, 2010, 02:35 AM
Wow, you must have some power to be hitting a max on the Timing Tables..:grin:.

Any chance you are engaging any Traction Control System? Thats the only time I have ever seen my TPS decrease and spark drop like that. If I try a 1st gear burnout and hit TCS, I can actually feel the throttle push back (decreasing TPS %) and spark drops.

I don't know how to get around the max in the Timing Tables. It will be interesting to see how this works out.

Good luck..

driver456
March 29th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Wow, you must have some power to be hitting a max on the Timing Tables..:grin:.

Any chance you are engaging any Traction Control System? Thats the only time I have ever seen my TPS decrease and spark drop like that. If I try a 1st gear burnout and hit TCS, I can actually feel the throttle push back (decreasing TPS %) and spark drops.

I don't know how to get around the max in the Timing Tables. It will be interesting to see how this works out.

Good luck..

TC is off and everything else to do with it is zeroed out.And I'm only running the car at 60% throttle:grin:

WeathermanShawn
March 29th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Nice..:)

How much HP are you putting down? Hope you find a solution. Right now I can not figure out whats happening. Maybe you have just too much power?:grin:

5.7ute
March 29th, 2010, 12:34 PM
There are a lot of DTC's showing in that log. How are your earth wires?

driver456
March 29th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I might have found something in C3907.TPSvsRPM test lower.I won't know till Saturday.
Nice..:)
How much HP are you putting down? Hope you find a solution. Right now I can not figure out whats happening. Maybe you have just too much power?:grin:
Never enough HP:grin: All out I went 10.55@126mph.I Have not dynoed it yet.

There are a lot of DTC's showing in that log. How are your earth wires?
C2100 & C2105 are no tire sensor's(drag radials in back)P0102 is MAF because of the SD tune,B0361 is HVAC and the rest are U codes.Everytime I flash a tune the U codes come up.Most of the codes are history anyway.

driver456
April 25th, 2010, 01:26 AM
Still haunting me:confused:Can B3426 STOMP COMPENSATION & B3428 STOMP REDUCTION have anything to do with this?..........Paul

WeathermanShawn
April 25th, 2010, 02:18 AM
This one is still over my head..:confused:. If one did not know better it still looks like a Traction Control feature..but you have it turned off..

Unless it involves an ABS feature that a tune can not access???

I wish I understood those Fuel Dynamics better myself. Of course I am on a different OS and have not played around with any of those tables myself.

I am sure we will get some expert advise on it in the next day or two..I am kinda curious myself.

Good luck.

joecar
April 25th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Still haunting me:confused:Can B3426 STOMP COMPENSATION & B3428 STOMP REDUCTION have anything to do with this?..........PaulPaul,

Those have to do with the effect of fuel wetting the intake port wall and how its evaporation rate off the wall changes when MAP and/or TP changes (i.e. during transient air conditions)... they will not cause the dead spot in your ETC throttle position...

You may be on the right track with C3907 or with C3906... try the other tables in the Diagnostics segment (MAP, TPS, ETC), and try the traction control tables... pay attention to any warnings when changing ETC.

mr.prick
April 25th, 2010, 09:41 AM
How do you max out the spark tables but not VE?

driver456
April 25th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Thanks guys,I'll keep trying.Mr prick I'm using A0007 TPS VE Table.Now that I put on the FAST 102mm & 102mm TB, Airflow Grams/Cyl-Speed Denisty is at 1.34. Spark table only goes to 1.20. My max MAP is a 100.Calculated Air flow Rate is maxed out at 512,I think that's max.Joe I found something that didn't match in those tables again.I'll take the car for a ride next weekend and see what happens.Even at a 50mph role it does it:confused:.Thanks again..............Paul

5.7ute
April 26th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Thanks guys,I'll keep trying.Mr prick I'm using A0007 TPS VE Table.Now that I put on the FAST 102mm & 102mm TB, Airflow Grams/Cyl-Speed Denisty is at 1.34. Spark table goes to 1.20. My max MAP is a 100.Calculated Air flow Rate is maxed out at 512,I think that's max.Joe I found something that didn't match in those tables again.I'll take the car for a ride next weekend and see what happens.Even at a 50mph role it does it:confused:.Thanks again..............Paul

Are you using the TPS VE table exclusively, or just around idle. If so what are your trigger points do deactivate TPS VE. There might be a sanity check (delta airmass or similar)going haywire when it swaps tables.

driver456
April 27th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Are you using the TPS VE table exclusively, or just around idle. If so what are your trigger points do deactivate TPS VE. There might be a sanity check (delta airmass or similar)going haywire when it swaps tables.

Yes ,I'm using the TPS VE Table all the time.

5.7ute
April 27th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Does your VE table match the airmass in the TPS VE table? You will need to map G/CYL or G/sec in a table matching B0101, & change the units in the tune tool. This is just an uneducated guess, but without a tunefile we are limited in what we can suggest.

driver456
April 27th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Does your VE table match the airmass in the TPS VE table? You will need to map G/CYL or G/sec in a table matching B0101, & change the units in the tune tool. This is just an uneducated guess, but without a tunefile we are limited in what we can suggest.

I doubt it matches,I haven't messed with the main VE table in a long time:grin: OK I will try that.Even though I'm using the TPS VE Table,The main VE Table still has something to do with it.

5.7ute
April 27th, 2010, 12:37 PM
I doubt it matches,I haven't messed with the main VE table in a long time:grin: OK I will try that.Even though I'm using the TPS VE Table,The main VE Table still has something to do with it.

Thats what I am guessing. I only have a cable TB so I cant test the theory on mine.

driver456
April 28th, 2010, 12:01 PM

Do I copy & paste or add,multiply?

5.7ute
April 28th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Copy & paste. The values wont be 100% correct, but they should make the VE table closer.

driver456
June 6th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Well when I mash the throttle off idle I get that dip,But when I load the TC it did not do it. Log 0006 frame 470 on,0007 frame 415. Oh well.