PDA

View Full Version : 5.3 Suburban w/22's

horsehaulin
March 31st, 2010, 12:01 PM
I have a decent tune in it, but with the bigger rims and tires? Should I make adjustments to the shift points to improve the in city economy?

Don't get me wrong, it drives good, but it seems the economy could be better and I am more of a diesel guru than a gasser guy. Thanks in advance guys.

Tony

horsehaulin
April 26th, 2010, 01:57 PM
No help in three weeks?

dfe1
April 26th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Installing 22" rims has about the same effect as changing ring and pinion ratio. EFILive has an automatic feature for altering the tables that are affected by a gear change. The first thing to do is to correct the speedo so it reads accurately with the 22s. Then you can do the automatic trans correction. If that doesn't give you the shift points you want, you can go to the trans tables and modify each individually. If you run into problems, PM me.

GAMEOVER
April 26th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Post up the current tune and a log.....

joecar
April 26th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Sometimes a thread gets missed... the op just needs to bump it as you did, and responses come pretty quicky as you can see above :cheers:.

dfe1
April 26th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Sometimes a thread gets missed... the op just needs to bump it as you did, and responses come pretty quicky as you can see above :cheers:.
I bet you found it in amongst your lost bolts.

joecar
April 26th, 2010, 02:37 PM
lol... :) ...it can be heard clinking on its way down, and then it just can't be found... :doh2:

horsehaulin
April 27th, 2010, 12:53 AM
Thanks for the replies, I have altered the speedo calculations, but was unaware that I can do any more than that. I might need to look into that for my Duramax. Time to charge up the EFI laptop and do some work in the garage, thanks.

horsehaulin
April 27th, 2010, 12:55 AM
Any ideas of where I should go to figure out my new gear size in relation to the new tire/rim combo?

GAMEOVER
April 27th, 2010, 03:37 AM
Post up the current tune and a log.....

...:)

horsehaulin
April 27th, 2010, 04:31 AM
Understood, I will get that up as soon as I can.

horsehaulin
April 28th, 2010, 12:12 PM
No need to post a log or the tune, got it all figured out. I knew I could use that section for a gear change, but not to adapt for larger tires. Beast shifts like a dream now.

Thanks for all the help!

ScarabEpic22
April 28th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Great to hear!

horsehaulin
April 28th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Next up is cutting the cat and running a free flowing exhaust. Time to polish up on the O2 sensor tuning, or the lack thereof. :D