PDA

View Full Version : cant get stock tune off truck

browneflatwork
April 4th, 2010, 01:37 PM
i am trying to tune a 05 lly, it keeps telling me bootloader rejected check cables no communication from ecm.....it starts to read and wont go past getting status........i tried to pull radio fuse info fuse all other aftermarket electronics area removed have just got a new lisense and updated my efi what eles could it be????? thanks

browneflatwork
April 4th, 2010, 01:40 PM
i also unchecked the high speed and tried using alt keys, still would not work

Big Mike
April 4th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Check for a blown cigarette lighter/power port fuse because it also powers the OBD port and if it's dead a scanner can't communicate.

That one has gotten me a couple times on the GM trucks. :help2:

browneflatwork
April 4th, 2010, 11:02 PM
I checked aux fuses and all other cig fuses they are good, the conection to my laptop is fine scanner comes on, and also when I plug just into the truck it will come on,

joecar
April 5th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Hi browneflatwork,

Can you copy/paste the text that shows up during your attempt into this thread...

Thanks,
Joe

mr.prick
April 5th, 2010, 05:00 AM
Is the scan tool connected while using the tune tool to read/write to the PCM?
It should not be. ;)

browneflatwork
April 5th, 2010, 09:25 AM
the text says......Connection to ecm has been lost please check all cabels and conections

browneflatwork
April 5th, 2010, 09:42 AM
i switched usb ports on my computer than got a Bootloader rejected :Reason no response from ECM

joecar
April 5th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Are you selecting the correct Controller...?

I pm'd Tech Support.

browneflatwork
April 5th, 2010, 10:55 AM
lly ecm.....truck is an o5 8th digit of vin is 2.........i also have a 05 lly and it tunes reads just fine no problems.....this truck aftermarket radio i pulled both radio fuses tried with and without info fuse in still nothing

Tordne
April 5th, 2010, 11:33 AM
The late model LLY Duramax vehicles actually use the same controller as the LBZ models. Have you tried selecting the LBZ controller and seeing if you ca read?

browneflatwork
April 5th, 2010, 12:51 PM
i just tried to use the lbz ecm and still will not pull stock data..... it still says check cabels and no comunication from ecm......i went through every fuse in truck and under hood just in case every fuse is good only fuses that are out are radio and info and i have tried with info in and out......

browneflatwork
April 5th, 2010, 12:56 PM
and like i said before i have a conection between the v2 and my laptop and also the v2 and the truck when plug into obo port....... tried pulling stock info with lly and lbz ecm......at one time it wen tpast gettin status but it stopped adn said that the ecm my not have a valid calibration EfI live can still read through the damange calibration or reflash a new calibration

Big Mike
April 5th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Can you at least check codes or monitor data with the scan (using pass-thru)?

Tordne
April 5th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Hmm..

Sounds like you have checked the cigarette lighter fuse as suggested earlier.

If you connect V2 only to the OBDII port (not connected to laptop) does the V2 boot up normally?

As Big Mike asks; are you able to scan/log at all?

I sounds electrical to me if I was to hedge a bet.

Cheers,

browneflatwork
April 5th, 2010, 01:19 PM
yes it boots up like normal....i have checked fuses over and over

minytrker
April 5th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Do you happen to have an alarm? I had a friend a couple weeks ago go through the same thing for hours and he ended up having to disconnect the after-market alarm and pull the radio fuse. After that he had no problems.

browneflatwork
April 5th, 2010, 01:26 PM
no aftermarket alarm....no lift pump or anything it has aftermarket radio that is it......radio fuses are pulled i keep trying and trying different things still nothing keeps tellin me no respons from ecm......i got a damanged calibration msg one time it said it can read through it adn reflash i tell it to keep reading and then 2 second later it bootloader rejected no response from ecm......

Big Mike
April 5th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Disconnect the batteries for at least 10 minutes and try again.

browneflatwork
April 5th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! put back in both radio fuses and info fuse read fine.......

browneflatwork
April 5th, 2010, 02:01 PM
i take that back truck starts to read on alt keys but stops after 24kn frezes up

joecar
April 5th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Can you post the text or a screenshot...?

browneflatwork
April 6th, 2010, 07:44 AM
it doesnt say anythign...just completly stops reading after 24-28k even if i let it sit for 10min wont finish reading

Tordne
April 6th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Can you please check for debug files (BLX) as described here (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=111&Itemid=121) and email them to me at support@efilive.com?

browneflatwork
April 6th, 2010, 08:45 AM
bug file sent from browneflatwork

Tordne
April 6th, 2010, 09:34 AM
First up it looks like your software and firmware versions are not in line (you're running 7.5.6 software with the older 2.06.12 firmware).

Can you please update everything from this thread (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133) and try again. After all these updates you should have versions 7.5.6 Build 109, 8.1.2 Build 89 and FlashScan V2 firmware 2.06.30.

browneflatwork
April 6th, 2010, 09:59 AM
updated everything will try to read truck again shortly thanks