PDA

View Full Version : stft (your input)

drdarthinvader
April 8th, 2010, 04:33 PM
i have stft problems seem to try and deduct fuel past 30% wont idle etc
i thought about it an came up with maybe the source of the problem
*** my injectors*** thay wont pulse width lower than 2.199 if they cant deliver a small enough pulse, when thay do open -only deliver a 2.0 shot
few signs of that is very lean deacceleration and stft try to steady idle but cant go lean enough (small pulse) so over corrects
i have the 42lbs ford (green dragons) i have entered correct voltages and minpw and flow rate but ill try to increase the flow rate by 10% at a time in order to try and get a min pulse width lower than 2.0 and small pulse adders make the values into the - NEG,S need some input?

5.7ute
April 8th, 2010, 05:20 PM
A tune & log file would help.
Are you saying that you cannot command a pw lower than 2.199? Or when you actually get an IBPW lower than 2.199 you are getting erratic injection?

drdarthinvader
April 11th, 2010, 02:08 PM
yes i cant get the injectors to give a low pulse like the 28's and 36's which can go easly down to a pulse of 1.5 at deacceleration below idle,
the ve numbers are around the 9.0grams below idle on my tune and still require more adjustment.
ill post a log and a tune

Frost
April 15th, 2010, 12:50 AM
It's almost certainly in the short pulse tables (the problem).

drdarthinvader
April 16th, 2010, 02:41 AM
sorry about long reply

5.7ute
April 17th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Place this .cax file in your calibrations folder. Then open the tune file & look in the injector parameters for B9021. Set this value lower than B4003 & let us know how you go.

drdarthinvader
April 23rd, 2010, 10:49 PM
im having good control over the fuel pulse issues ,ive been playing around with a combination of transient pulse widths and default pulse widths. so far ive got more steadier auto ve numbers and stable deceleration numbers and reached 1.8ms.
also found with the cax file b3502 fuel smoothing which made a slight difference in fuel response and peddle feel .
i can get as low as 1.3 with adjusting default min pulse width but puts ve numbers lean so its a juggling act to try the best combo.
ill get the pulse widths down to 1.5ms before i try introducing stft's