PDA

View Full Version : lil help

terryr85
April 11th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Im working with an 04 LS1, just little bolt ons. CAI and catback. I made a log today and Im just wondering if anyone can take a look and let me know if theres anything I can do with it. Thanks.

joecar
April 11th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Hi Terry,

We need more info...

Include these engine pids:
VSS
TP
RPM
DYNCYLAIR or DYNCYLAIR_DMA
DYNAIR
MAF (SAE or GM)
MAP (SAE)
IAT
ECT
EQIVRATIO or AFR
SPARKADV
KR
LONGFT1
LONGFT2

Maybe include these also:
DYNAIRTMP_DMA
SHRTFT1
SHRTFT2
HO2S11 (not HO2S12 or HO2S22)
HO2S21 (not HO2S12 or HO2S22)
IBPW1
IBPW2
MFTOTAL

Maybe include some transmission pids:
TFT
GEAR
TCCMODE
TFMPRS
TRQENG
SHIFTLAST

Keep the pid channel count to 24 or fewer channels (i.e. 4 packets or less).

joecar
April 11th, 2010, 10:45 AM
What vehicle...?

joecar
April 11th, 2010, 10:53 AM
See this tutorial (included with the install of latest software from www.efilive.com (http://www.efilive.com) downloads page).

If you log the pids mentioned in the tutorial, you can first view LTFTBEN to see what is going on.

Log these:
VSS
TP
RPM
MAP (SAE)
MAF (SAE)
CYLAIR_DMA
DYNCYLAIR_DMA
DYNAIRTMP_DMA
IAT
ECT
EQIVRATIO or AFR
SPARKADV
KR
LONGFT1
LONGFT2
MAFFREQ

CALC.CYAIR
CALC.LTFT
CALC.LTFTBEN
CALC.VE_Table

On the pids tab, at the bottom, keep the channel count to 24 or less for fastest pid update rate.

terryr85
April 11th, 2010, 11:32 AM
this is a 6 speed. Do I still need to include those tranny pids?

terryr85
April 11th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Is there anything special I should do for for the runs when I log? Or is just a quick pull through the gears good

tatasta
April 12th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Is there anything special I should do for for the runs when I log? Or is just a quick pull through the gears good

No need for the auto trans pids. Your opening post just did not specify your trans type. Use the tutorial that Joe posted. Follow it exactly and you will be impressed how quickly things come together.

I struggled dialing in my VE/MAF/AFR for a year. I got it decent but, WeathermanShawn and Joe helped me to use this method. It works quick and helps you understand why it works.

When you log, take a longer run than just a pull or two. I like to drive around 15-20 miles at all tp% and lots of smooth, linear acceleration You need to filter out unreliable data. A short run won't give you enough info to rely on.

Throw a cam and some springs in that ride and get her spinning up to ~ 6400 rpms. You'll love it!

joecar
April 12th, 2010, 03:26 AM
+1 on what T said.