PDA

View Full Version : New to EFILive and this board, saying hey

Frost
April 12th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Hey guys,

I got EFILive V2 sometime last week. I have tuned just north of 800 GM vehicles in the last few years (and bumbled my way through 3-4 of them with EFI Live cables owned by the customers), so I'm more new to the warez than the scene.

Thanks, look forward to talking with you guys.

-Steve Williams

mr.prick
April 12th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Welcome aboard, noobie. :laugh:

bmax
April 12th, 2010, 07:00 AM
:welcome: Welcome, :welcome:

Brad

5.7ute
April 12th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Welcome aboard, noobie. :laugh:

:grin::grin::grin:
Welcome aboard Steve. I look forward to reading your contributions to this forum.
Mick

ScarabEpic22
April 12th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Welcome Frost (Steve)!

I know you're not new to the tuning scene at all haha.

joecar
April 12th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Steve, welcome to V2 ownership... :cheers:

Be sure to update your EFILive software from here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=13368

You'll need both V7 and V8 software.

V8 includes firmware update for V2.

FYI have a read of attached (most of it won't apply to you since you recently bought your V2 so it would have the more recent bootblock).

Paul is currently fixing some minor snag in the Black Box Flashing software/firmware (he added some protection from BBF flashing a bad file and now it's preventing BBF flashing... he's working on this at the moment).

You'll need a SD memory card, V2 will take upto 2GB... they're about $4 from Amazon for SanDisk.

joecar
April 12th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Do these things:
- in scantool set units preference for each pid (click on units column, highlight slabs of pids, rightclick and select Metric or Imperial).
- in tunetool, set units for axes of all tables to match scantool units (Edit->Configure Display Units, click on each of the column headings: Data Units, Col Units, Row Units; for each one highlight slabs, rightclick and set the Data|Col|Row units to your preference).
- in tunetool Edit->Properties enable scantool pid linking.
- in tunetool Edit->Properties set VE units and Fuel units.

What wideband do you use... if it supports serial AFR/Lambda/EQR then get/make qa serial comms cable to connect to V2.

RevGTO
April 12th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Welcome! Your excellent reputation as a tuner on LS1tech precedes you!

Doc
April 12th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Hi Steve

Frost
April 13th, 2010, 02:35 AM
Wow thanks for the nice greeting guys! I look forward to being around the board.

Hey Joecar,

thanks for the skinny, It took me 2-3 hours of reading late Friday night to figure out what you summed up in a post... the v7 and v8 nomenclature was a little tough at first... I was thinking V8 would have been the new replacement for V7 until I saw the file size. That's when I dug a little further and found out what you posted about.

For wideband... generally I use an AFX with the NTK sensor. I *used* to use an LM1 (and still have it). I may knock the dust off of it and get it serially attached; that sounds pretty solid.

I should have bought this last fall when I had time to BREATHE :)

Slowrc
April 15th, 2010, 11:32 PM
WELCOME! I have read many posts by you on ls1tech. Looking forward to seeing what you have to say about EFIlive.

redhardsupra
April 16th, 2010, 12:09 AM
heh, welcome to a REAL scanner that does more than precanned kiddy views ;)