PDA

View Full Version : Operating System no Support

87gmc
January 13th, 2005, 12:01 PM
i have a 99 gmc that said it is not supported.

Sys calibration 9373426
Operating system number 9379910
Eng Cal 9357935
Computer 16220610

Help

Z16DNA
January 13th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Same message as above only I have a 2004 ZO6:

PCM
VIN 1G1YY12S545128946
PCM HDW Number 12583659
End Model Number 12592422
Serial Number 1KA0BJXC4113
Operating System Software 12592425
Engine Calibration 12587919
Engine Diagnostic Calibration 12586878
Transmission Calibration 12579113
Transmission Diagnostic Calibration 12579117
Fuel System Calibration 12584410
System Calibration 12585028
Speedometer Calibration 12579125
Operating System BCC YJCF

Or could it be operator error?

Kevin

halfmoon
January 13th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Same message as above only I have a 2004 ZO6:

PCM
VIN 1G1YY12S545128946
PCM HDW Number 12583659
End Model Number 12592422
Serial Number 1KA0BJXC4113
Operating System Software 12592425
Engine Calibration 12587919
Engine Diagnostic Calibration 12586878
Transmission Calibration 12579113
Transmission Diagnostic Calibration 12579117
Fuel System Calibration 12584410
System Calibration 12585028
Speedometer Calibration 12579125
Operating System BCC YJCF

Or could it be operator error?

Kevin

Curious, Did you get the recall "fix" for the colum lock performed on your Z? I'm hearing mixed results about being able to program the PCM after the dealer flashes it, so I am holding off on taking my 04 coupe in for it until I know for sure.

Thanks

GMPX
January 13th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Hi Guys,

Unfortunatley we haven't got support for EVERY GM operating system yet.
Having said that, mainly because we didn't have copies of the file out of a PCM to work with.

So, Z16DNA if you can please send the tun file you read out to -
ross@efilive.com
I can resolve this issue ASAP and having you happily flashing away.

As far as the 1999 GMC truck, that is supported.
Can you please check in the directory
"\Program Files\EFILive\V7\Calibrations" for the file "9379910.cal"

Cheers,
Ross

Z16DNA
January 13th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Halfmoon:

No I didn't have the CLB done. My Mfg date is 4/04; I was told that date was after the "Fix" was already put into the production line. Besides after all I've read on Corvette Forum, don't think I'd have it done. Do you think the CLB has anything to do with the not supported message?

Update I tried my '04 Chevy Avalanche, it's working great. Hope there is a quick fix for this. The Corvette is the one that I'm planning to work on first.

Kevin

Z16DNA
January 13th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Ross,

Thank you for your quick reply. I'm unsure where the data would be. Just getting started. Point me in the right direction and I'll send file ASAP as you requested.

Kevin

GMPX
January 13th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Ross,

Thank you for your quick reply. I'm unsure where the data would be. Just getting started. Point me in the right direction and I'll send file ASAP as you requested.

Kevin

Whatever you saved the file as, it should be located in -
\My Documents\EFILive\V7\Bins

Cheers,
Ross

Z16DNA
January 13th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Ross,

It didn't give me the option to save the file. Error message came up right after it read PCM. I checked laptop for .tun files and it isn't there. Laptop battery died so I'm finished until tomorrow. Should have brought charger home from work. Getting this in the mail was an unexpected surprize today.

So should it give me option to save file; after error message?

Thank you,

GMPX
January 13th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Ross,

It didn't give me the option to save the file. Error message came up right after it read PCM. I checked laptop for .tun files and it isn't there. Laptop battery died so I'm finished until tomorrow. Should have brought charger home from work. Getting this in the mail was an unexpected surprize today.

Thank you,

You do get the option to save the file even though you can't edit it.
When you see the screen in the picture just click O.K, then close the 'Read PCM calibrations box'.
Then in the top left corner the 'save as' icon will be available.

Cheers,
Ross

Blacky
January 13th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Ross,

Thank you,

Turns out to be a fault in the software. You should be allowed to save an unsupported OS, but the software is not allowing you to save it.
A patch will be issued with a fix soon.

Regards
Paul

GMPX
January 13th, 2005, 03:31 PM
I probably should have the latest version on this PC before I offer advice :oops: :oops: :oops:

Blacky
January 13th, 2005, 04:12 PM
The problem is just that the toolbar icons and menu options are not being refreshed to "enabled" if the OS is not supported.

You can force them to be refreshed by clicking on the "Blend and Smooth" toolbar icon (hotkey: Alt+F2) then close the blend and smooth window.

That should enable the "Save as..." toolbar icon, then you can save your file.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
January 13th, 2005, 04:15 PM
As far as the 1999 GMC truck, that is supported.
Can you please check in the directory
"\Program Files\EFILive\V7\Calibrations" for the file "9379910.cal"
Cheers,
Ross

If that file does not exist, re-run the installation and select "repair" to make sure all files are installed correctly.

Regards
Paul

87gmc
January 13th, 2005, 05:03 PM
I had a problem where the installation would cause scan to look for calibrations on my secondary hard drive and also would not let tuner work. All you have to do was go under scanner and changer the directory under properties. Solved my problem which was causing my pcm not to be supported.

Chris

Z16DNA
January 14th, 2005, 04:40 AM
Glad to hear it's not Operator error. Easily could have been. So I'll try what is suggested tonight and provide feed back.

Kevin

Z16DNA
January 15th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Ross/Paul. E-mailed my .tun file this morning to Ross e-mail account. Used Pauls idea on how to save file. Seems to have worked.

I understand this is just a small road block. I really appreciate all the hard work you have done to get this program into our hands. It looks wonderful, and I'm so excited to play. Great job guys and thank you so much for your quick replies to everyone's e-mails. You must really have your hands full.

Please let me know what else I need to do to start playing,

Kevin

GMPX
January 15th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Just to keep everyone updated, we got Kevin's file O.K and that PCM Operating System will be supported in the next update (due next week I think, is that right Paul?).

Cheers,
Ross

Z16DNA
January 15th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Ross; hope you don't mind if I add to your message above. Ross sent me a file I can use to work on my PCM right now. Ross, it's working perfectly. Easy to download and put into program. I've already notified the family - I'm in the garage....

I just have to mention how easy this whole process has been, and how fast you and Paul responded with solutions. Thank you. I'm up and working now. I see a big part of EFILive continued sucess is because of your great customer service.

Thank you again, :D :D :D

Kevin

Blacky
January 15th, 2005, 08:03 PM
Just to keep everyone updated, we got Kevin's file O.K and that PCM Operating System will be supported in the next update (due next week I think, is that right Paul?).

Cheers,
Ross

Yes, a new release will be available sometime next week. I will start a topic of known issues and the release number when they will be fixed.

Regards
Paul

launchn
January 16th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Curious, Did you get the recall "fix" for the colum lock performed on your Z? I'm hearing mixed results about being able to program the PCM after the dealer flashes it, so I am holding off on taking my 04 coupe in for it until I know for sure.

Thanks

FYI... I have done the colum lock recall and had no problem downloading and tuning and uploading the new file to my PCM on my 03 Z06.

87gmc
January 16th, 2005, 04:25 PM

Cheers,
Ross

Will the update include 98 yet?

Blacky
January 16th, 2005, 07:12 PM

Cheers,
Ross

Will the update include 98 yet?

The 98 support is a very high priority, however, the initial teething problems need to be sorted first. I believe the problems that have been reported will be solved this week. Then we will get stuck into supporting the 98's.

Regards
Paul