PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Olds Toronado

90TORO
April 12th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Please,Has anyone got the reference definitions for the 1990 Oldsmobile Toronado? For the VIN C LN3 (SFI) V6 3.8L 3800 4 spd Automatic?

TORO=muscle
NADO=speak

Tordne
April 12th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Sorry we don't have any information at all on that vehicle we can even provide for you to create the necessary Vehicle Definition I'm afraid.

90TORO
April 12th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Tordne Sorry we don't have any information at all on that vehicle we can even provide for you to create the necessary Vehicle Definition I'm afraid.

Thank You for your reply.
I have the V4 Eval ; If I were to enter the vin info eprom ID etc, will I be able to read the parameters from the vehicle?

Tordne
April 12th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Without a vehicle definition you will not be able to read PID data from the vehicle at all with EFILive V4. Basically what the vehicle definition achieves is the mapping of data coming off the vehicles bus and which 'bits' relate to which PIDs and there respective scaling etc.

Tordne
April 12th, 2010, 01:00 PM
It's your lucky day :) We do apparently have a specification for that vehicle which I am going to email you in a couple of minutes. you will however need to go through this file and convert it into a EFILive V4 vehicle definition file. I'll also send you another specification file for a definition that already exists which will hopefully aid you in creating the definition (for comparison purposes basically).

90TORO
April 12th, 2010, 01:06 PM
That would be just awesome Tordne, Thank You.
I am more of a nuts and bolts, shade tree mechanic, so if you would please include the proceudures to perform the task I am gratefull for your considerations.

9TTORO