PDA

View Full Version : PCM Options for reflashing...

Behold
April 12th, 2010, 09:43 PM
I have a PCM that has a custom HPTuners OS on it. EFILive when trying to do a read fails as it is locked. Is there anyway i can get it to do a read then convert that in to a EFILive remap?

Im intouch with the original tuner and he never applied a specific lock. From what I have read this is done automatically.

Can the lock be removed by HPTuners and then read from EFILive ready to be spliced in to a new EFI CustomOS?

OR

Do i need them to remove the OS and return to stock then start with EFI?

mr.prick
April 13th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Do i need them to remove the OS and return to stock then start with EFI?

Yes.
pp tuners COS in not compatible with EFILive and they are locked by default.
The only option is to return it to a stock OS.

Frost
May 10th, 2010, 01:44 PM
The other problem (old thread, just for reference) is that the once the OS was applied, it cannot be 'removed'. The PCM can be reflashed (using HPT) with the last file that precedes application of the custom OS (which will in the same step unlock the PCM) or just reflashed with really ANYTHING that is compatible with the PCM and in that process, it will be unlocked. To HPTuner's users, these PCMs do not appear locked, but they have their own seed/key arrangement.

macca_779
May 10th, 2010, 04:13 PM
This has been an ongoing problem re tuning cars with HPT COS' applied. The issue is not a problem for HPT users, as they can overwrite an EFI COS with a Full Flash as EFI doesn't alter the key.

Paul, Ross. Would it be possible for you guys to add the HPT Seed Keys to the Alt Keys option for Full Flashes? We don't expect to be able to read or cal flash the HPT OS for obvious reasons, nor do we care. But the ability to simply write over the top of it would be a fantastic option.

GMPX
May 10th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Sure no problem, ask them what the calculation is they use to lock PCM's and we'll do it :) .

macca_779
May 10th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Sure no problem, ask them what the calculation is they use to lock PCM's and we'll do it :) .

Yeah like that's going to happen lol. They know me as an EFI fanboy :hihi:
Someone like Frost might have a better chance though :help2:

minytrker
May 11th, 2010, 02:24 AM
I use HPT now pretty often just to flash something back to stock so I can tune it with EFI. I found out most of the HPT COS werent even COS they were mostly the RTT. Anytime someone using HPT RTT feature it locks EFI out.