PDA

View Full Version : need 6.0 tune

rjwesleyiii
April 13th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Anybody have a tune for a 2005 gmc 1 ton van with the 6.0. I need a little more power. Thanks, Rob

5.7ute
April 13th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Welcome to the forum rjwesley.
The guys on here wont spoon feed you a tune. But if you post a tune, list of mods & some log files, they will help teach you how to get the most out of it.

rjwesleyiii
April 13th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Thanks. But I dont know how to create tunes. I have custom tunes for my d-max, but thats it. I can load them, but thats about it. The 6.0 tune is for a buddies work truck. Wish I could make tunes, but I would hate to blow up a motor :grin:
Rob

rjwesleyiii
April 13th, 2010, 02:08 PM
And thank you for the welcome!:)

5.7ute
April 13th, 2010, 02:16 PM
No worries.
Read the tune from your mates truck & post it on here for starters. The rest is just logging to see what the vehicle wants/likes & making the necessary changes from there.
Otherwise you would be better off sending a pm to members like waitforme who sell premade tunes.

rjwesleyiii
April 13th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Awesome! Thanks for your help. I like the australian accent! :)

ScarabEpic22
April 13th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Im with 5.7ute, guys will give you a hand in the right direction but wont just give out tunes. If its stock you can do small things like firm the shifts up, remove torque management, add a little spark. Unless you have a wideband on that truck, you'll be shooting in the dark trying to get the fueling correct.

If he really wants a tune, talk to Jesse at Wait4Me Performance or Alvin at PCM4Less and buy a premade tune from them. Both know their $hit, they can email it to you and you can load it on your buddy's truck. Then log it and post the log files (not the tunes, they work hard on them) and we can tell you to add a little spark there, remove some here, tweak fueling from 2000-3400rpms, etc.

rjwesleyiii
April 13th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks for all the help. I have no problem buying tunes. I can only imagine the time involved to create a tune. I would hate to screw it up. So I will get ahold of one of the two guys you listed above and start there. Then I'll try posting logs to see what you think.

5.7ute
April 13th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Also it wouldnt hurt to talk to Frost. While new to this forum he has a very good reputation on others. (I dont know if he has had Efilive long enough to offer tunes in this format, but it wont hurt to ask)

ScarabEpic22
April 13th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Also it wouldnt hurt to talk to Frost. While new to this forum he has a very good reputation on others. (I dont know if he has had Efilive long enough to offer tunes in this format, but it wont hurt to ask)

Good point, he now has both HPT and EFI so Im willing to bet he can flash one of his HPT tunes into a controller then read it back out in EFILive. Shoot him a PM, Ive heard good things about him as well.:grin: