PDA

View Full Version : dvt will not control device

dmaxdavid
April 15th, 2010, 03:47 AM
When trying to control idle speed or rail pressure it says in a big red strip above the control button NO REPLY TRY AGIAN. Any help? I am running the latest version March 30th build (112).

killerbee
April 18th, 2010, 12:50 AM
same has happened with me. I have never been able to use any of the dvt features.

JeromeGTO5.7
April 18th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Huh I have some of them work but not the vane position. when i set the control it just goes to 25 percent no matter what i set it to and stays there until i release control of it. At least on the LBZ. what you guys working with?

tinman22
April 21st, 2010, 08:34 AM
I just installed the auto update last night from a week or so ago and had the same results on an 01 lb7 last night. I updated the boot block and firmware and got the big red strip accross the top saying no reply try again. is there a fix for this? or did I do something incorrectly?

GMPX
April 21st, 2010, 05:56 PM
An LB7 now, so it would appear all Diesel DVT's are dead?

bballer182
April 22nd, 2010, 01:29 AM
something killed them?!

tinman22
April 22nd, 2010, 08:42 AM
I didnt test on my lbz yet i'l try tonight to hook up and see. I had most DVTs working on my truck before I updated. I never was able to get the WIF light to light with the controls but I Was able to do fuel presure and idle speed. I dont recall testing the vane position. but i'll see if anything works tonight and report back.

bballer182
April 22nd, 2010, 11:18 AM
I didnt test on my lbz yet i'l try tonight to hook up and see. I had most DVTs working on my truck before I updated. I never was able to get the WIF light to light with the controls but I Was able to do fuel presure and idle speed. I dont recall testing the vane position. but i'll see if anything works tonight and report back.

you know i couldn't get my WIF to work either i just figured i was burned out. maybe not???

tinman22
April 22nd, 2010, 12:37 PM
heh thats the exact thought I had... but I thought houw could it be burned out if its never been on. I have a spare sensor I should plug it in and push the float up to see if it actually works

tinman22
April 24th, 2010, 02:17 AM
well seems most things work. idle, rail pressure. the vane position only goes from 4% up to about 39% even if I go from 0 to 99 on the slide.

bballer182
April 24th, 2010, 05:37 AM
well seems most things work. idle, rail pressure. the vane position only goes from 4% up to about 39% even if I go from 0 to 99 on the slide.

that's what i get too...

what about your WIF light?

Jasondt2001
April 24th, 2010, 12:44 PM
WIF doesnt work for me either through DVT... but when i changed my fuel filter I wanted to see if it worked at all, so I plugged it back in, turn the sensor upside down and waited until i got the light... it DOES work, but not through the DVT from my experience. Oh, and you have to wait a second to get the light.

tinman22
April 25th, 2010, 02:01 AM
I forgot to test the WIF light. I am getting that I need to update my software to match the firmware. maybe i'll do a software update check and see what happens

killerbee
April 25th, 2010, 02:11 AM
Are updates put through any formal beta protocol?

bballer182
April 25th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Are updates put through any formal beta protocol?

We are talking about the public RC releases. Well i guess they aren't even RC's anymore. you should be able to use the auto update tool without having to download and install manually.

killerbee
April 25th, 2010, 09:48 AM
My question is asking how an update can lead to the demise of certain features, unintentionally. If the update were tested first, etc. It was just a nosy inquiry. :)

GMPX
April 25th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Best to send Emails to support@efilive.com, if you send it direct to me or Paul it will more than likely get lost or pushed off the page with all the other Emails :lookaround: (I speak for myself here), support has a better way of reminding us and keeping track of software issues.
Andrew is also implementing a much better bug tracking system than what we currently have.

Michael, we cannot retest EVERY function in the software for every release. It doesn't make sense to, in some cases (like these DVT's) I know the LBZ/LMM DVT definitions have not been touched from the first day they were released as working so in theory there should be no problems with them. I know the DVT's are working for other controllers as I just used them on a Gen-IV car a few days back. But somewhere it would appear that the DVT's for a specific model have stopped working. The problem we currently face is we will need to try to track down an LMM here in Australia or NZ to see what is going on, this isn't so easy to do.

Reading this thread it seems the 'important' functions are working, if the WIF DVT control isn't working it's not what I would consider a serious problem. User tinman22 said "well seems most things work. idle, rail pressure. the vane position only goes from 4% up to about 39% even if I go from 0 to 99 on the slide." The limitation may be the ECM imposing limits on the DVT's, this is quite common.

Cheers,
Ross

killerbee
April 25th, 2010, 12:04 PM
It was not a slam. I understand the practicalities.

FWIW, the last time I tried to force regen, it was not working. But that is to assume familiarity and competence on my part, not guaranteed. :)