PDA

View Full Version : Need help updating boot block (cracked screen)

slopokegtp
April 19th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Trying to perform an upgrade to boot block 2.05.... ,but my screen on my V2 broke many years ago. (zero display):doh2: I have the 7.5.6 update and installed 8.1 I just need to know step by step which buttons to press on the unit itself to update from boot block 2.0.4.10 to 2.0.5 so I can use the new file explorer options?

Thanks
-Chris

Tordne
April 19th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Have a look through this document 'C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Documents\Upgrading FlashScan.pdf' which details the steps taken to perform the upgrade. Hopefully you can determine the necessary key presses.

Have you considered sending the device in to be repaired though?

slopokegtp
April 19th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Thanks Andrew,
I did read the instructions it just took about 60 seconds for the update to update. ( So I was unplugging and trying over again) I did just get it to work and I really like the new efilive explorer update screen.

As for the fix, yes I emailed you all a couple of years back and was told it was only 50$ to fix the screen. The down time is what kept me from doing it. It would be almost a month with shipping it overseas and back. Is this different now by chance?
Thanks again,
-Chris

Ira
April 19th, 2010, 12:11 PM
It's faster, I do it in Los Angeles and turn around is usually only a day or two if I'm prepared. If you want to ship it overnight both ways, you can have it back in 3 or 4 days.

Ira