PDA

View Full Version : Cummins software screenshots

GMPX
April 19th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Well now that our latest software release is out of the way I've had a chance to sit down and get some screen shots of some of the important tables we've got in the Cummins tuning, these tables many of the Duramax tuners will find familiar.

It's still early days for us discovering how tables are linked together and work with (or against) each other, we still get confused daily :lookaround:. I am pretty much working on this project 100% now so things are really starting to come together.
None of the descriptions are done yet and we may even have some errors, but given this is still at internal development level it's no big deal at this stage.

Please, don't Email us asking for Beta copies, this is only internal development versions you see, we will keep everyone updated on progress as things change.

For anyone that was doubting if this would happen, enjoy the following pictures from a 2006 5.9L Cummins file........

EDIT: Turns out the first screen shots we put up in this thread were not from a stock Cummins ECM, the file was sent to us as a 'stock' tune, but too many things ended up looking modified. We have no idea what tuner was used, regardless, if you refresh your browser now you will see the stock Cummins maps.

Commanded Rail Pressure:
http://download.efilive.com/Staff/GMPX/Cummins/CumminsFP.png

A Commanded Fuel Limiter:
http://download.efilive.com/Staff/GMPX/Cummins/CumminsFuelLim.png

Injector Pulse Times:
http://download.efilive.com/Staff/GMPX/Cummins/CumminsInj.png

Another Fuel Limiter:
http://download.efilive.com/Staff/GMPX/Cummins/CumminsMaxFuel.png

Injection Timing:
http://download.efilive.com/Staff/GMPX/Cummins/CumminsTiming.png

Throttle to desired Fuel:
http://download.efilive.com/Staff/GMPX/Cummins/CumminsThrottleToFuel.png

ScarabEpic22
April 19th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Woohoo, know there's going to be a LOT of buzz about this!! Ive always liked the Dmax, but the Cummins motors are solid.

Cant wait for this to progress further, if I find a friend with either the 5.9 or 6.7 Ill read the ECM out for you!

Working on this 100%, does that mean Paul is working on V8 S&T while you play with new stuff?!

GMPX
April 19th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Working on this 100%, does that mean Paul is working on V8 S&T while you play with new stuff?!No, Paul is working on lowering he's golf handicap :hihi:

ScarabEpic22
April 19th, 2010, 03:04 PM
No, Paul is working on lowering he's golf handicap :hihi:

Good to hear at least some of us have a life, Im back in the computer lab looking at some c++ and maybe java if I have time tonight...:throw:

Blacky
April 19th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Working on this 100%, does that mean Paul is working on V8 S&T while you play with new stuff?!
No, Paul is working on lowering he's golf handicap :hihi:

Ha-ha, actually I'm a useless golfer.

I am working on V8 S&T and whatever Cummins development needs to be done in V7 S&T.
Plus I've got the various BBx scripts to finish off (LBZ, LMM, P10 etc).
Then AutoCal to release, and hopefully the new bug reporting/ticketing system will go live soon.

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
April 19th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Woohoo, P10 BBF! I like to hear that!

AutoCal and the new bug system should be great to finally get out there and done, bet you'll be very happy once the final BBx stuff is field-tested and then can be setup in AC.

Any idea about licensing of Cummins stuff? Know its probably a ways out, but are you going to be able to use a regular VIN license or have to have special licenses like "the other guys" for Cummins?

DAVe3283
April 19th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Any reason why the RPM and mm3 axes reversed from the DMAX tunes? Actually, it looks like the DMAX is backwards from the gas engines... Either way, it's messing with my head :shock:

I am actually excited about Cummins tuning. It will be nice to tweak my parent's '06 some, maybe it will keep up with my '03 DMAX :angel_innocent: Although, that appears to be a pretty aggressive timing table to begin with...

Oh, and if you want a scan of a 2006 CA-emissions 5.9, I can get that.

GMPX
April 19th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Any reason why the RPM and mm3 axes reversed from the DMAX tunes? Actually, it looks like the DMAX is backwards from the gas engines... Either way, it's messing with my head :shock:
That I don't know, I guess the software guys at Cummins decided to be different. There is a few things we still don't understand on these ECM's, but so far I would say those that are tuning the Duramax will have no problem with the Cummins.

DURAtotheMAX
April 19th, 2010, 11:50 PM
cool! Interesting how much timing it runs.... nice job Ross and Paul! Keep up the good work.

Ben

bobo
April 20th, 2010, 02:29 AM
It will be neat to log one once. That timing is a little high!

JOHNBOY
April 20th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Good work guys!

Can not wait to try it!

GRotman
April 20th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Very cool!

Any chance you guys have a screen shot of pilot injection timing?

DAVe3283
April 20th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Any chance you guys have a screen shot of pilot injection timing?
Hmmm, I wonder if that WAS the pilot injection timing... it seems a bit high for normal timing.

Brayden
April 20th, 2010, 10:48 AM
I bet they are referencing the pilot start of injection because if the factory is starting the main 40 degrees advanced then I'd hate to see where the performance tuners are at :)

JOHNBOY
April 20th, 2010, 11:41 AM
I bet they are referencing the pilot start of injection because if the factory is starting the main 40 degrees advanced then I'd hate to see where the performance tuners are at :)

I was thinking that myself. I would think there is a modifier pull some timing out. I was told once by a Cummins tech that the CR timing was very related to ECT. He could be full of it to.

GRotman
April 20th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Some of the scope shots I have seen would suggest otherwise.

Brayden
April 20th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Suggest that it's not the pilot ?

GRotman
April 20th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Correct. Pilot SOI was around 52 degrees

Brayden
April 20th, 2010, 01:30 PM
@ idle or high load?

If the calibrated number was 44 I would believe they could have a scalar or offset to add 8 degrees to it.

GRotman
April 20th, 2010, 02:03 PM
I will see if I can dig it up and give the specifics.

Sandaholic
April 20th, 2010, 02:51 PM
SICK!!! Looks like I will be going to a 2006 ECM then!

GMPX
April 20th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Early days yet, there maybe some multipliers involved that will pull timing.
I'll get the pilot one up too.

JeromeGTO5.7
April 21st, 2010, 01:36 PM
Excellent Cant wait for this! another vehicle to try blowing up:hihi:

bballer182
April 22nd, 2010, 10:25 AM
SICK!!! Looks like I will be going to a 2006 ECM then!

You know i was just going to say i have a buddy that was just telling me he was goin to an '06 ECM because of this and as i click the reply button i saw your sig said 13.88 @ 97mph... And i was like that sounds a lot like Roy so i hit the back button really quick and look who is lurking the EFI forums now....

Go away dodge boy!:hihi::hihi::hihi:

:welcome: to the forum!

Just read this too

Sorry Andrew, Ross jumping in to your post here.
2006 up are all CAN based ECM's, we will be supporting those first up, 5.9L first, 6.7L to follow. After that we will go back to the earlier non CAN ECM's (SCI bus), but only as far back as 2003. I think 2003 was the first year they used the PowerPC based CM846 ECM, anyhow it will be those.

so don't go dropping an S ton of money on an '06 system just yet bud!

Sandaholic
April 27th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Shoot what money??? LOL! I still want this! We shall see, keep up the good work guys!

DAVe3283
April 27th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Hmm, is it too early to suggest features? If not, here's what I know would sell you at least 1 additional $99 vin license: disabling the security like you can with the Duramax.

My dad HATES how the '06 Cummins won't start without the RF chip (he carries a thin duplicate key). Right now he has to hold a spare RF chip next to his key when starting the truck, or it will start then die. (And you have to hold it at exactly the right angle...) He won't carry a factory key because they are freaking HUGE, way too much to carry in a pocket.

If you can get the truck to run without the stupid RF chip check, he'll drop $100 right now. It wouldn't even matter if the little red security light stayed on the whole time, as long as it ran/drove.

(FYI, why we can't just tape the RF chip inside the column: my mom carries the factory key (for the keyless entry) in her purse, and if the truck sees 2 RF chips, it won't start. We tried.)

Laramie4x4
April 30th, 2010, 07:52 AM
I'm so patiently waiting for this..!

Laramie4x4
April 30th, 2010, 08:09 AM
I might have read this in the other thread.. but will this be capable of gettign rid of the dang 3rd injection event? and my hat is off to you.. I'm a cummins technician and our software doesnt even communicate with dodges... they say its to hard to figure out!!!

BSwope
April 30th, 2010, 10:08 PM
WOW.... things are really looking up for us Cummins guys!! Keep up the great work!!!

BSwope
May 2nd, 2010, 10:15 AM
Could some of you guys explain some of those screen shots? Id like to start learning some of this so im not in the dark when its released.
Id really appreciate any info and im sure im not the only one!

Sandaholic
May 2nd, 2010, 02:32 PM
I think you need to start from square one and look up some of the tuning tutorials. I'm sure you could search for them, or maybe someone will post a link.

jpgmtech
May 17th, 2010, 08:14 AM
All I can say is WOO HOO!

:rockon:

Waiting impatiently... :grin:

BSwope
July 8th, 2010, 11:36 AM
how is everything coming along guys????

cumminsDK
July 11th, 2010, 03:13 PM
yeah what is the latest....beta soon to come?!?!?!

JeromeGTO5.7
July 11th, 2010, 03:55 PM
X2 Yes we asking once again LOL:)

GMPX
July 12th, 2010, 09:27 AM
It's slowly coming along, the V2 hardware is currently being modified to support the SCI bus as used on the pre CAN vehicles.
Amongst all this we are of course still maintaining and developing for GM's range of vehicles (2011 models), so it all takes time, but it's getting there.

ScarabEpic22
July 12th, 2010, 06:14 PM
It's slowly coming along, the V2 hardware is currently being modified to support the SCI bus as used on the pre CAN vehicles.
Amongst all this we are of course still maintaining and developing for GM's range of vehicles (2011 models), so it all takes time, but it's getting there.

Hmmm firmware bootblock/firmware update or FlashScan V3?

Glad to hear progress is happening!

jonathanrayce
July 14th, 2010, 01:37 AM

Thanks for the update. If you need any beta testers let us know. We own several 98-2010 cummins and would be glad to try it on any that you needed.

GMPX
July 14th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Hmmm firmware bootblock/firmware update or FlashScan V3?
Not FlashScan V3, but a hardware mod to V2 that will allow it to communicate on the SCI bus.

Sandaholic
July 16th, 2010, 10:55 AM

Nice! Throw me on the list for beta testing as well. I'll have my buddy bballer182 help me with the tuning learning curve! Don't care when it is finally released, I want in :grin:

bballer182
July 17th, 2010, 01:38 AM
Nice! Throw me on the list for beta testing as well. I'll have my buddy bballer182 help me with the tuning learning curve! Don't care when it is finally released, I want in :grin:

How much you gunna pay me sucka?!:grin::hihi:

Sandaholic
July 22nd, 2010, 05:56 PM
How much you gunna pay me sucka?!:grin::hihi:
Man I am a big spender son, pizza and beer :beer:

Laramie4x4
July 28th, 2010, 01:15 PM
SO is there going to be a list to get on to beta test.. I'm in Denver and there is a guy here named Wade Boyd who does almost all of of the EFI Live tuning for duramax's.. I have played with it and done all your training... SO I'm just waiting..to play with it..:rockon:

GMPX
July 28th, 2010, 10:39 PM
There probably won't be a beta list because nearly every customer who tunes Duramax's is already on the beta list that doesn't actually exist (if you know what I mean).

rage_blue
August 4th, 2010, 03:30 PM
what are the chances we see the cummins tunning before the snow flys? IT sure would be nice to start tunning these trucks.

cumminsDK
August 5th, 2010, 12:18 AM
i'll second that!!!

Duramax 6.6L
August 5th, 2010, 03:14 AM
I am also waiting on the Dodge updates as I own 4 Duramax's and 3 Dodges.

80powerwagon
October 8th, 2010, 02:15 AM
Is there any new news on this? We really need this for our Cummins trucks at this point, I am so limited on what can be done right now I need more RPMs to begin with. If you need a test truck mine is available. I can give you a complete list of mods if needed.

DURAtotheMAX
October 9th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Is there any new news on this?

If there was any new news they would say "we have new news regarding cummins support"

We really need this for our Cummins trucks at this point,

Oh really? Good, cause thats why they are working on it!!!! :)

I am so limited on what can be done right now I need more RPMs to begin with.

See above.

If you need a test truck mine is available.

Go back and read the thread again.

ben

GMPX
October 10th, 2010, 09:38 AM
We are testing the updated hardware still (with SCI support), once that is confirmed good we can give the go ahead to the manufacturer.
I will be in New Zealand next week to work with Paul on the CAN (2006+) Cummins ECM's. So things are still happening I promise.

THEFERMANATOR
October 12th, 2010, 09:47 AM
There was mention elsewhere of a hardware upgrade being required to do the SCI CUMMINS ECM's. Will this be an upgrade that can be done in the field, an exchange basis, or will there be a whole new unit?

Tordne
October 12th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Not field upgradable, it is a change to the FlashScan V2 circuit board. We haven't made decisions at that stage about upgrades etc. so cannot confirm at this stage sorry. We are just about to signoff on the hardware modification and get the next batch manufactured. At that stage we'll consider implications to the field.