PDA

View Full Version : EFI support for the ford powerstroke?

cumminsDK
April 19th, 2010, 05:46 PM
are there any plans for future support for the ford powerstroke diesel engines?
I read where the V8 software was intended to be all makes ECM compatible, what exactly does this mean?

ScarabEpic22
April 19th, 2010, 05:57 PM
I think what Paul and Ross are doing is setup V8 so that they have the ability to add different ECMs in at a later time, thus "future-proofing" V8 and not locking them into GM.

No idea about PS support, not my place to speculate as I have no clue.

GMPX
April 19th, 2010, 08:31 PM
We've got a lot on our plate this year already, so I can assure you if we ever decide to do the Powerstroke it won't be in 2010.

mr.prick
April 20th, 2010, 01:46 AM
Of all the US auto manufacturers Ford is the most stable,
it's company policy to support only the bankrupt manufacturers. :laugh:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :angel_innocent:

cumminsDK
April 20th, 2010, 04:12 AM
haha. ok thanks for the info was just curious. thanks for all the hard work towards the cummins tuning goals!

andrewjamesbond1
August 22nd, 2011, 03:50 AM
Any updates on future plans since the LML has become a (insert bad word here)

Dmaxink
August 22nd, 2011, 04:09 AM
Cummins Development will have the team consumed for quite some time...i'm not the developer, but i wouldnt be willing to say that PSD is being even somewhat looked into at this point in time, and will not take consideration even through 2012. This is just my observation from knowing what all the team has on their plate to write support for. Ross may chime in..

andrewjamesbond1
August 22nd, 2011, 05:06 AM
Oh no doubt! What EFI has done for support for Cummins is phenomenal! I am very happy that Live can support so many vehicles and credit these guys for their hard work. I figured that if there were plans to support the Powerstroke, they wouldnt begin working on it until after the Cummins is fully exploited, but I wanted to see if supporting them might still be on their radar. Obviously, custom tuning softare is the only way to go, and I would rather not use programs like SCT. I can wait though, pocketbook wont let me buy anything soon :)