PDA

View Full Version : cost to upgrade from V1 to V2? couple questions

mvvette97
April 20th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Is it the $799 like if I just buy it or is it cheaper since I already have the V1? I have some friends that want to upgrade me so I can tune their vehicles but can't seem to find what the cost is. Also if I do upgrade will I have to buy more liscences for my cars that I have tunes now? Right now my V1 is locked to the VIN on both my cars so I can change the tune whenever I want and how often. I just don't want to lose the current VINs that are in my interface right now.

mr.prick
April 20th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Upgrade From V1 To V2 (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_EFILive.tpl&product_id=57&category_id=8&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=56)

mvvette97
April 20th, 2010, 11:03 AM
ok thanks. Do you know why there are two different prices depending on the date the V1 was bought? My issue date is 2007 so if I read this right it will cost me 549

Tordne
April 20th, 2010, 11:15 AM
The simple reason is that the price for the FlashScan V1 product was significantly reduced back in September 2006 which is why the upgrade pricing to FlashScan V2 is higher for units purchased after that date.

If you unit was purchased after the September 2006 date then the upgrade cost to FlashScan v2 will be US$549.

Cheers,

ScarabEpic22
April 20th, 2010, 11:25 AM
As for the upgrade procedure, it is quick and painless. However, it copies the used licenses from your V1 to your V2 (so you can tune both of your cars on your V2 without using any extra licenses), but you cannot add any more licenses to your V1. I might recommend buying a spare license or 2 for your V1 and add them before you upgrade.

mvvette97
April 20th, 2010, 12:03 PM
As for the upgrade procedure, it is quick and painless. However, it copies the used licenses from your V1 to your V2 (so you can tune both of your cars on your V2 without using any extra licenses), but you cannot add any more licenses to your V1. I might recommend buying a spare license or 2 for your V1 and add them before you upgrade.thanks for the info, sounds pretty easy. Just a question, what would be the reason for buying a spare license for the V1 if I'm upgrading to the V2? I mean is that just so I can use the V1 still after the upgrade or is there something I'm missing?

mr.prick
April 20th, 2010, 12:20 PM
I might recommend buying a spare license or 2 for your V1 and add them before you upgrade.

Would this work or would the V1 be unable to use a license if it had one after the upgrade?

If it would then the V1 would have a higher resale value with a license still to be used but it would kinda defeat the purpose of the upgrade i.e. save money.

An upgraded V1 or scan only is a cost effective way to use RTACS. ;)

ScarabEpic22
April 20th, 2010, 01:42 PM
If you add a spare license to the V1 pre-upgrade, as long as you dont choose to copy over all unused licenses from the V1 to the V2 you can have a license or two left on the V1. I wish I would have left my 2nd one on my V1, increase the resale value and I have a friend who wants to learn to use EFILive and I thought about letting him borrow my V1 cable and have at it, but cant because there arent any licenses on it.

RTACS using an upgraded V1/scan only is a great idea, plus you can use the DVTs and Scan tool on any PCM the V1 supports.

dmaxlover
April 26th, 2010, 01:11 PM
I am also looking to upgrade from the V1 to the V2. On my license registration card it has a issue date of 17-September-2006, does this qualify me for the $399 upgrade?

Thanks.

Tordne
April 26th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Shoot me an email (support@efilive.com) with the serial number and auth code (as per here http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=110&Itemid=120).

Cheers,