PDA

View Full Version : 4L60E shift points

maudyZ28
April 21st, 2010, 08:31 PM
hi all, im new here after just getting EFIlive,

ive done the simple stuff, EGR del, AIR del, rear O2 del and changed shift times to 0.3 , pressure up by 18% and torque management down by 15%, following joecars trans guide that is floating around on here

I have a question though about shift points, has anyone changed them such that at lower throttle its changed to a lower speed to cycle through gears faster, but at say 60% + throttle move to a higher speed to hold gears more and be more performance? I also assume I much change all shifts up and down, and the TCC lock up as per the other post lower in this forum section to prevent gear hunting

joecar
April 22nd, 2010, 04:29 AM
Hi maudy, welcome to the forum...:cheers:

shift points are a matter of personal preference...

make small changes to the PT up/down tables and go for a test drive;

be sure to keep the upshift table above the corresponding downshift table, say by at least 5 mph... this is called hysteresis and prevents gear hunting;

you'll find that the stock shift points and TCC tables are pretty good for low speed (upshifts quickly, holds higher gear, gives good fuel economy)...

you can probably make the upper 1/3 of each table more aggressive (hold each gear longer with less throttle, shift at higher speeds).

[ the tunetool shows the rpm in each gear at the bottom of the display for the cell under the cursor ]

Try small changes and see.

:)

whackem04
April 28th, 2010, 02:11 PM
"[ the tunetool shows the rpm in each gear at the bottom of the display for the cell under the cursor ]"

And what a great feature it is!
How come it doesnt work on the Allison tunes?

joecar
April 28th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Noted, thanks. :)