PDA

View Full Version : new guy here

Doege09Dmax
April 26th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Hi everyone, Sry if I don’t have this in the right place, didn’t see anything related to new members / introductions. Anyway, just joined and wanted to say howdy. Looks like a great bunch of guys. And tons of great info. Looking forward to bugging you all with some questions. I’ve had EFI now for several months and thought I’d try my hand at some tuning. I have a stock tune that I’ve been working on with just a egr block / dpf delete per what you’ve all wrote up around here, nice right ups btw, and am about ready to upload it into the truck. I should add, I have 4” mbrp tb on the truck and egr plate already installed. This will probably be the dumbest ? Asked, but am wondering if this is a safe tune? Just to do a stock tune less dpf/egr that is? Does anything else, timing, boost, etc. etc. need to be tweaked because exhaust/egr has been altered? Will egt stay within safe levels while towing heavy? Thanks guys It’ll be fun getting on your nerves. :grin:

joecar
April 26th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Ho D09D, welcome to the forum...:cheers:

What year/model vehicle do you have, and what engine RPO...?

Post your tune so the diesel savvy members can view it.

bballer182
April 27th, 2010, 01:17 AM
It helps to fill out your sig so the rest of us know what you have so we can give advice accordingly. However i know just by your post you have an LMM and would assume its an '09. Please excuse joecar he is more into the sparkplugs than we are:hihi::hihi:. sorry joe. lol

And the answer to your question about the tune is, Yes. That is just about as safe as you can get with a tune, in fact; really the only way to go safer is to take out some mm3 from the TBIQ table. But that will net you less HP and you don't want that.

justin

joecar
April 27th, 2010, 02:56 AM
I wanted to extend a welcome...:)...and, yes, anything without spark plugs is over my head [for now at least]... :doh2:

Doege09Dmax
April 27th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Please excuse joecar he is more into the sparkplugs than we are:hihi::hihi:. sorry joe. lol

Always nice to meet some sparkplug guys to. :hihi: Thanks guys, I'll give this tune a try then. If I missed anything that would throw a cel, how long would that take? If I can make it 100 miles, am I home :rockon: free?

bballer182
April 28th, 2010, 04:55 PM
I would say you run pretty much zero chance of getting a CEL. unless u did the dpf delete incorrectly.