PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Camaro Procharger Problems

Forcefedperformance
April 26th, 2010, 02:01 PM
I need a little help here on a 2010 camaro( Damm Car Is Making Me Loose my Mind). Its just a stock car with a procharger and a set of fast 65lb injectors but nothing makes sence with this thing. We put the kit on with prochargers tunning and it was less that ideal to say the least , Idle surge, fuel trims swinging up and down for no reason and very poor driveabilty so we fired up the computer and tried to fix the problems our self. this car will fire up fine for 20 seconds and then the AF will nose dive in the 10s, give the car about a min and the af will swing up to 16.4 and then drop back down, the fuel trims will swing and pull when it needs to add and vise versa. Procharger ducting is less that ideal so we converted to a Draw through mass air to lower the freq swing but we are still banging our heads over this af swing.

Any thoughts?

joecar
April 26th, 2010, 03:23 PM
20 seconds of runtime (B1505, B1506..?) after starting, then:

STFT's go down past -10% which causes LTFT's to be progressively pulled down to -12.5% (are they pegged here or not?), and then:

STFT's start rising but not sufficiently to pull LTFT's up, so LTFT's stay stable at -12.5%...

Seems to me maybe too much fuel for some reason (is injector flow base table right for injectors..?).

MAF did not respond to change in MAP (it must have been a momentary airleak..?)

Need a different pid to see throttle position.

I don't know E38/E67 well enough, so I can't tell if those are the right pids for MAF, injector pulsewidth, and grams/cyl...

Hopefully someone who does will chime in soon.

gmh308
April 27th, 2010, 12:56 AM
What MAF are you using? Has it been calibrated? The curve is way different to the stock MAF and also a Vette blade MAF.

Stock 09/10 throttle body?

Forcefedperformance
April 27th, 2010, 03:29 AM
What MAF are you using? Has it been calibrated? The curve is way different to the stock MAF and also a Vette blade MAF.

Stock 09/10 throttle body?

Yes every thing except the injectors and the procharger are stock....We converted the procharger kit to a draw through Maf

gmh308
April 27th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Yes every thing except the injectors and the procharger are stock....We converted the procharger kit to a draw through Maf

MAF curve is way off stock...like 40% or more. ???????? :shock:

tokymon
April 28th, 2010, 06:34 AM
im having the same problem try maxing out youre tipin torque reduction
this will help with timing being pulled
at work so can not look at tune

L31Sleeper
April 28th, 2010, 07:44 AM

So did you go back and start tuning from the stock tune or are you trying to
pickup where the procharger tune left off ??

SOS
May 3rd, 2010, 08:22 AM
I have the same problem with my prochager on my 2010 camaro l99. They are saying now to go mafless. I am going to change to 2 bar map and see if it works.

Redline Motorsports
May 9th, 2010, 09:17 AM
I know we spoke about this but if you don't have good injector data.......youur gonna have issues like this.

What was the final outcome from this??

Howard

tokymon
May 10th, 2010, 03:20 AM
it coming along changed to 2 map map sensor out of a cobalt ss and going mafless
thanks to oztrack - steve is the man

Forcefedperformance
May 10th, 2010, 06:52 AM
I know we spoke about this but if you don't have good injector data.......youur gonna have issues like this.

What was the final outcome from this??

Howard

Sorry it took so long to respond to this...But Thank you Very Much Howard...yes we replaced the injectors with ones that had "Better Data"
Then Those F.A.S.T ones and Wow the Damm Car Runs Ten Times Better.

We Were using the injector data from some one else "Assuming" that the data was correct but Howard helped me pull my head out of my ass and see day light again !

Thanks Again Howard For the Sanity Check!

Bill
www.ForceFedPerformance.com

joecar
May 10th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Which injectors are you using now...?

SOS
May 26th, 2010, 06:40 AM
What injectors you put in?? Sounds like i have the same problem.

Redline Motorsports
May 27th, 2010, 06:42 AM
Injector data is more critical then people want to think. Everyone gets consumed with the static flow rate.

Procharger needs to address there piping that houses the MAF to fix the airflow issue as well.....

Forcefedperformance
May 29th, 2010, 11:26 AM
What injectors you put in?? Sounds like i have the same problem.

Its not just the injectors..( I used ZR1 Injectors )

Prochargers piping sucks as well...800mhz freq swing = Very poor driveabilty and Idle

SOS
May 29th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Procharger is upgrading kit. They move the maf sensor in the intercooler. Will find out how it works when it shows up. How many others are having problems with the procharger??

tokymon
May 31st, 2010, 03:05 PM
Anyone know how much the stock camaro inj. flow? Read some where else the the 2010 truck will accually flow 55 lb (non flex fuel truck)

tricky1
March 4th, 2012, 12:02 PM
wow wish id have read this first. i got 2010 L99 with DOD & VVT Delete. Basically its an LS3 now. Just installed Procharger Stage II D-1SC,comp Cams motha thumpa,duel springs, JBA longtubes, cat delete, 3" JBA complete exhaust system, 2,800 Stall. Fast 65 lb injectors. need tune to work with. also i know duel pump setup is needed as well but will the factory pump be good enough with a voltage booster control module?